Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beck - Guero Special Edition CD/DVD  (Read 2569 times)

Doug

Beck - Guero Special Edition CD/DVD
« on: April 04, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »

In a word....HELLYES!  I picked it up at Best Buy for 20 bucks yesterday.  It's damned sweet.  There are 7 extra songs on the music CD.  The music on the CD is in surround sound as well.  Not that I have the stereo setup to take advantage of it, but when I do.... The DVD is chock full of trippy videos for all the tracks too.  I'm really in love with the artwork too....Marcel Dzama is fast becoming one of my favorite artists.

In a nutshell, this kind of package is what will keep me buying CDs instead of downloading.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:57:11 AM »

Lower the price to the cost of a regular CD and I'd permanently purchase special editions.  It's still too expensive considering I can get a DVD the first week for $15.99 at Best Buy.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:26:32 PM »

The DVD is 28.99 there.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:36:34 PM »

Quote from: "Nate"
The DVD is 28.99 there.

yeah, but if you're just looking for music only, i believe it was $9
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 06:07:13 PM »

Bought the CD today, and it's definately one of the best I've gotten this year so far. Kind of like Odelay, being that it's just all over the place.

I actually BOUGHT it. It was weird buying a CD, I felt like it was the 90's again.....

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Beck - Guero Special Edition CD/DVD
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »

Listened to this the other day... still one of my fave Beck's CDs, if not my most favorite. Wish he'd crank out another one like that.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: [1]   Go Up