Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: MusicNow Festival  (Read 4376 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: MusicNow Festival
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »

I guess you haven't been to Smale Park? This could not accommodate anything close to the Bunbury Fest stages.

Smale Park is a fairly intimate venue.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 11:41:31 AM »

Been there many times but was thinking there was some area I wasn't picturing that was decent size to support a band like The National. I've seen numerous people on social media coming from long distances for this already.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 06:25:41 PM »

You could get a decent size stage and crowd right down on the river just west of the suspension bridge.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 12:29:34 AM »

Been there many times but was thinking there was some area I wasn't picturing that was decent size to support a band like The National. I've seen numerous people on social media coming from long distances for this already.
maybe you are over-estimating the drawing power of the National? I mean, they are cool and all, and of course originally from Cincy, but can they really attract more than a couple of thousand, at best? I doubt it.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

maybe you are over-estimating the drawing power of the National? I mean, they are cool and all, and of course originally from Cincy, but can they really attract more than a couple of thousand, at best? I doubt it.
that will still do better than this year's MidPoint [/runaway]

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »

https://www.citybeat.com/music/music-feature/article/20987764/homecoming-musicnow-unveil-initial-lineups

Impressive lineup!  Glad I got in at $100.  Really covers off a lot of the new artists I've enjoyed the past 6 months.....Moses Sumney, Julien Baker, Big Thief, Alvvays have dominated my Spotify.  I've only seen Lord Huron and Father John Misty at Bonnaroo and obviously those were just meh experiences like a lot of things are big box festivals.  I've wanted to see Future Islands for years but they just haven't seemed to hit our city other than MPMF once......they are supposed to be epic live.  So yeah, much better than MidPoint lineup. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:42:13 PM by kamera26 »

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »

One ticket bought!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 11:18:48 PM »

If I am in town (not sure yet), I will buy my ticket too... Should have a better idea in the weeks to come

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »

If I am in town (not sure yet), I will buy my ticket too... Should have a better idea in the weeks to come

x2
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up