Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel  (Read 685 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel
« on: April 03, 2012, 12:04:19 PM »

One of the most anticipated albums for me this year, despite the impossible album title and the ugly cover art... From Billboard:

Fiona Apple's return will come on June 26, the singer revealed on her Facebook page on Monday.

Her fourth album, the ambitiously titled "The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do," will offer 10 new tracks, including several debuted during her recent tour dates. The dates, which kicked off at the SXSW music festival in Austin, Texas, in March, have been Apple's first shows outside of L.A. in five years.

She also shared the new album's cover art, a sketched, multi-colored face with elements of abstract design.

Apple's last effort was 2005's "Extraordinary Machine," an album which arrived after leaked sessions with producer Jon Brion led to "Free Fiona" fan protests.

See the track list below:

1. Every Single Night
2. Daredevil
3. Valentine
4. Jonathan
5. Left Alone
6. Werewolf
7. Periphery
8. Regret
9. Anything We Want
10. Hot Knife

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »

Ambitious? Don't they mean "Pretentious?"

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »

Ambitious? Don't they mean "Pretentious?"

Well, it is Fiona Apple... so, yes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:16:55 PM by Kwyjibo »
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »

I saw her on the When The Pawn tour. It was a good show, but I thought her voice was at its best during the encore when she sang an old jazz song karaoke-style. It fit perfectly.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »

I saw her on all her previous tours in support of the previous 3 albums, the first 2 times as a headliner, and the last time as the opener for Coldplay, no kidding. Anyways, she's one of my favorites. This will only be the 4th album since 1996, yes, 16 years. Wow. I hope I won't be disappointed with the new album but regardless, if I have a chance to see her live, I will be there front and center.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: [1]   Go Up