Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bogart's reboots  (Read 6791 times)

twentyshots

• City Elder
Re: Bogart's reboots
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2018, 11:54:45 PM »

Anyone here going to this? I am so psyched!

i plan to. especially if there is still a free ticket floating around.

i'm not even that familiar with his work but whenever i check his albums out they sound convincingly good.....plus he is a bit of a pioneer and all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:00:09 AM by twentyshots »
bongo hard or bongo home

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2018, 10:16:52 AM »

Numan's music has evolved quite a bit since his gradual transition (starting with 2000's Pure album) towards NIN-reminding goth-metal. His last 2 albums (2013's Splinter - Songs from a Broken Mind, and last year's companion/sequel Savage - Songs from a Broken World) are the culmination of that transition. I admit those albums are a bit much to take in (each lasting about an hour), but when listening selectively to just the very best songs, it is quite good. Still, I admit I'm in it for the early/'classic' sound.

When I last saw him at Bogart's in 2006, the set was pretty much evenly divided between his late 70s/early 80s 'classic' sound and his latter day output. A quick look at the current tour's setlists shows a similar pattern.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2018, 03:19:18 PM »

Numan's music has evolved quite a bit since his gradual transition (starting with 2000's Pure album) towards NIN-reminding goth-metal. His last 2 albums (2013's Splinter - Songs from a Broken Mind, and last year's companion/sequel Savage - Songs from a Broken World) are the culmination of that transition. I admit those albums are a bit much to take in (each lasting about an hour), but when listening selectively to just the very best songs, it is quite good. Still, I admit I'm in it for the early/'classic' sound.

When I last saw him at Bogart's in 2006, the set was pretty much evenly divided between his late 70s/early 80s 'classic' sound and his latter day output. A quick look at the current tour's setlists shows a similar pattern.

Wouldn't be the first time Numan changed directions. Tubeway Army was a punk band at first.  I'd go see him except...well, I'm not going to open that can of worms again.  Have a good time, euro.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2018, 12:38:52 AM »

Fabulous show at Bogart's tonight by Gary Numan. Similar to the last time I saw him at Bogart's in 2006, it was a rather small crowd. I was way up front. He and his band gave a stadium-sized performance, just outstanding. The soundmix was perfect too. As expected, he played a lot from his last two albums, intermixed with the classic 70s songs. It all sounded fantastic! What a fabulous evening that was. I'm still buzzing of it all

Mega-thanks to trixi for giving me a free tic to this!

euro60

• City Elder

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »

Sad, sad, sad

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/gary-numan-cleveland-tour-bus-accident-death-728728/

Horrible tragedy.  Numan's decision to cancel the show was absolutely correct. And he showed a lot of class and character in his statement.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up