Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Bloody Valentine reissues May 7, 2012  (Read 947 times)

Bubba McBubba

• Citizen
    • Place Logo Here
My Bloody Valentine reissues May 7, 2012
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »

After years of these being announced and then retracted, the reissues of "Isn't Anything", "Loveless" (2 discs!) and EP collection (with previously unreleased material!) are finally being released on May 7.  At this time, these are only UK releases.

In anticipation of these releases, why not read this interview with Kevin Shields regarding the delays on these reissues?  Unable to say if everything he is saying is true (as some of it does sound a tad paranoid), but parts of it (like the complete absence of royalties from Warners) are the bane of almost every band that signed to a major.

euro60

• City Elder
Re: My Bloody Valentine reissues May 7, 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »

Doubtful that I will buy any of the reissues, although I love "Loveless"

That aside, their set at Coachella 2009 was one of the most memorable and unique sets I've ever seen, ending with a 10-15 (who's counting) min. excruciating interminable experimental wall of sound that I didn't know whether I wanted to laugh or cry. Or both. (4, you were there for that, right?)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: [1]   Go Up