Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PayPal Shopping Cart  (Read 1067 times)

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
PayPal Shopping Cart
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »

Has anyone ever set up a Paypal shopping cart? Reading through their how-to manual is probably harder to do than actually set up the shopping cart but anyway.

A little history: I set one up about a year or so ago for a freelance client. They had all of these specific requests so based on my understanding of said Paypal manual, I ended up putting four or so different buttons on their site (they wanted various shipping options as well as a pick up option, wanted to be able to have a message sent, and a code listed for each one so that when they received the email, they could track it). Oh, this is for a gift card purchase btw.

So now, they have had multiple people order from the wrong option because basically they pick the first one without even reading the text stating what that buy button is for (and who can blame them?) and the client wants it simplified, at least on the consumer's end.

So, at the most basic level: they want to have a cart with the option of in store pick up or sending via USPS at $4.00. How do I have set it up with a simple shopping cart with either option?
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: PayPal Shopping Cart
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »

I have nothing to add but I will say that your client sounds exactly like my company's customers... it's both satisfying and frightening to know that my demanding idiots are not the only demanding idiots.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up