Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: allo darlin - europe  (Read 709 times)

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
allo darlin - europe
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:54 PM »

saw this on the big beat, listened to the song mike linked and liked it enough to buy the recording.

a bit of camera obscura, throw in the jangly guitars from the feelies and early rem and you've got the gist of the sound. great summertime listening.

will rank high on my eoy list.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: allo darlin - europe
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »

It's pretty good.  It didn't sound like I expected.  It sounds like the album Palomar should have made, instead of the the piece of crap Palomar actually did make.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »

been meaning to get to this, maybe today.
bongo hard or bongo home

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »

neil armstrong is intriguing and i really love capricornia, but everything else seems pretty average.
bongo hard or bongo home

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »

Yeah, that's a fair criticism.

A lot of it is intentionally by-the-books twee that ticks off all the proper genre boxes.  Which is great for the twee fans who probably constitute like 90% of their audience.  But for everyone else, it's kind of like "What's different about this as compared to 10,000 other girly twee bands over the last 20 years?"  Nothing.  It's well done but in such a formulaic way that it's welldone-ness is not particularly interesting and probably not much of a technical/musical achievement.

I think you have properly identified the two stand-out tracks which offer something nice for the more general listening public.
Pages: [1]   Go Up