Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigur Rós-Valtari  (Read 776 times)

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
Sigur Rós-Valtari
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »

Totally digging this new album. Really really LOVE the third track: Varúđ.

Watched the video for Ekki múkk and read the best description of a band ever in one of the comments:
"If nature were to make music, Sigur Rós would be its translator."
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
Re: Sigur Rós-Valtari
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:26:15 AM »

listening on luisterpaal.

very good so far.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:39:50 AM »

i listened last night and for some reason it was making me anxious....or i was already anxious and it was compounding the problem.

i don't count this as a review!
bongo hard or bongo home

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »

Just picked this up from the library. I agree with Jen, the 3rd track is the best one.

That said, has anyone else noticed that , but for the first 2-3 songs, the remainder of the album is almost entirely instrumental, with hardly any or no "hopelandic" singing from Jonsi.

It's a nice album, but it's IMHO not up there with their best stuff. I might call this album "Sigur Rose Restrained"
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:23:15 AM »

I loved this album. In fact, I have had their website up on my computer everyday to remind me to buy it. Speaking of which, I think will go and do just that. ;)
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler
Pages: [1]   Go Up