Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liars - WIXIW (Wish You)  (Read 1929 times)

Fourthisto

Liars - WIXIW (Wish You)
« on: June 22, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »

This album is better than what you're listening to right now.

And their first single has a creepy video! What more can you ask for?

cyclone

• City Elder
Re: Liars - WIXIW (Wish You)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »

It's probably their best since Drum's Not Dead, and I say that as someone who liked the s/t and Sisterworld a lot.

It's going to sound like a really cliche description to those unaware, but the album is (surprisingly) very reminiscent of Kid A/Amnesiac-era Radiohead.  Great stuff.

last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

That is quite the challenge since I particularly like the new Sigur Rós album (the current album in rotation). I'll give Liars a spin though and determine whether it is better or not. ;)
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Fourthisto

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:05:29 AM »

luisterpaul knows what's up.

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:47:42 AM »

Can't say that over the course of the year I remained as excited about it as I was back in the Summer.  I do like it a lot (and put it at no. 7 on my EOTY List) but revisiting my earlier post here, I think I jumped the gun a bit calling it better than Sisterworld.  It's not that I really have major qualms with the electronic route they took on this album, I just don't see myself ultimately revisiting it as much as some of the earlier releases down the road. 

Drum's Not Dead
Sisterworld
They Threw Us All In a Trench ...
WIXIW
s/t
They Were Wrong, So We Drowned
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »

The excitement always wears off. This album just remained the most exciting record I listened to this year.  :)

Fourthisto

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »

Yeah it's my #4 favorite of the year - there are times where this album just seems all too perfect.

I think I jumped the gun a bit calling it better than Sisterworld. 

I don't think you did!  ;D

Drums
WIXIW
Trench
Sisterworld
Drowned
s/t

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »

Listened to this album again tonight... GREAT still. (I had it in my Top 5 of 2012)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 03:33:35 PM »

That is quite the challenge since I particularly like the new Sigur Rós album (the current album in rotation). I'll give Liars a spin though and determine whether it is better or not. ;)

What a weird coincidence. I am once again listening to this album while reading this thread. Maybe someday I'll give that Liars album a spin. ;)
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler
Pages: [1]   Go Up