Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Glass House  (Read 691 times)

cyclone

• City Elder
The Glass House
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:39:47 AM »

Any Survivor/TAR people checking this out?  It had been a while since I tried out another show like this, but I'm watching absolutely nothing else right now with those two shows and Mad Men over ...

It's essentially a more refined, improved version of Big Brother that NBC came up with (CBS tried to sue for the BB similarities) that is partly based on the interactive, technological angle.  There were originally 14 people in this "glass house" ... each week two random people are assigned to be a captain for a challenge.  The captain of the losing team automatically goes into "limbo" and is joined by another person who gets voted in by the house.  Then the viewers vote on which player they want to keep.  Doesn't sound very exciting, I know, but I made it through the first two episodes and will try to continue.  The first episode had a guy who kept telling the cameras that he was going to be the "biggest reality TV villain ever", and promptly went around the house obnoxiously calling the women fat, strippers, etc.  He was voted out by the viewers this week, which was funny.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

twentyshots

• City Elder
Re: The Glass House
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »

i saw an add for this during the NBA finals. maybe i just never got into the genre in the first place, but this premise just made me wonder how anyone would watch it.
bongo hard or bongo home

cyclone

• City Elder
Re: The Glass House
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »

i saw an add for this during the NBA finals. maybe i just never got into the genre in the first place, but this premise just made me wonder how anyone would watch it.

It's not good, and the ratings are reflecting that.

More of a guilty pleasure on my end (not that I consider Survivor or TAR that, as I previously mentioned) as I'm watching absolutely nothing new right now besides Jeopardy.  I never liked Big Brother and the type of awful reality television that it spawned, but I haven't seen that show since it's first season ten years ago, so I thought I'd give this one a shot.  Like I said, not good but tolerable thus far.  What's interesting to me is that NBC would in 2012 decide to run with their own BB knock-off.  Surely BB is even more out of the mainstream at this point than Survivor or anything else of that nature.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.
Pages: [1]   Go Up