Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Food Musings...  (Read 95233 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Random Food Musings...
« Reply #1065 on: August 20, 2018, 08:50:15 PM »

I think you've got a chemical problem, but I don't think the chemical is BPA.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1066 on: August 21, 2018, 06:29:32 AM »

you think it's a sucrose imbalance from being too sweet?
poach eggs, not elephants

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #1067 on: August 21, 2018, 09:09:25 AM »

No, I think you're on crack.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1068 on: August 21, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »

i bet you say that to all the girls

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1069 on: August 21, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »

i've only twice had the chance to smoke crack.  neither time did i.  the first time was at the hometown sketchy apartment complex where your buddy lives.  the second time was in the gastown neighborhood of vancouver in an alley.  in hindsight, it was the absolute cure for the amazing poverty i was about to encounter.  my guide said that it's better when it's foggy.  real eerie.  it's my number two all time bad drug mistake.  the first came at burning man with the two hot asian girls who offered me molly.  thanks but no thanks.  i'd quit getting shit about it if i quit talking about it 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1070 on: April 17, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »

Settle an argument between me and my sister.

Is the wait at a generally popular, somewhat nice, local restaurant (not new and super-trendy, but not some hidden secret place or greasy spoon) longer on Friday and Saturday evening or Friday or Saturday morning/afternoon?  Assume they serve both dinner and brunch and that it's more of a restaurant than a bar.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #1071 on: April 17, 2019, 02:33:10 PM »

Settle an argument between me and my sister.

Is the wait at a generally popular, somewhat nice, local restaurant (not new and super-trendy, but not some hidden secret place or greasy spoon) longer on Friday and Saturday evening or Friday or Saturday morning/afternoon?  Assume they serve both dinner and brunch and that it's more of a restaurant than a bar.

Nice try. I'm not getting in the middle of a Kaya Family Squabble.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #1072 on: April 18, 2019, 09:33:43 AM »

I will!

If we're talking medium sized city in a (somewhat) dense suburban setting, I'm going with brunch hours are longer because of the neighborhoody community vibe. If we're talking downtown of most cities, I think it's deffo dinner. If we're talking exurbia, then I have no idea. Small town? Probably dinner, but I'd go with 50/50.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1073 on: July 27, 2019, 10:16:27 PM »

You know that scene in Bridesmaids where Kristen Wiig makes the awesome cupcakes in her kitchen all alone and then has no one to eat them with and it's sad?

I did that today.  Watched some Queer Eye.  Then went to the Asian market and got bird chillies and doubanjiang and the good tofu.  Then I went to the thrift store and found some stuff and fuckin' styled my credenza like Emily Henderson went Wabi Sabi.  I also found the perfect throw pillow covers. And I bought a C table.

Then I toasted the chilies and made my own chili oil.  Ground up the schihuan peppercorn with the pestle. Then I used the chili oil to make ma po tofu.  And my ma po tofu game is next level.  I fusioned that shit out, too.  My ma po tofu is so good I want to start a Facebook book ma po tofu appreciaton group and organize a ma po tofu con.  And then there will be a ma po tofu cook off.  I'm not going to enter the cook off.  I'm just going to walk around and taste everyone's ma po tofu and revel in how mine is better.  My mom will enter the cook off, and she will win easily.  But she will know deep down and be proud that her ma po tofu is only the second best in the world because her son has surpassed her but she still has the best dumplings.

Then I made mango ice cream.  And home made whipped cream.

All of this took me until 8:00.  Then it took me half an hour to clean up.

Then I took my took my ma po tofu and ate it in my living room.  On my C table.  With mango ice cream for dessert.  While looking at my awesome Milo fucking Baughman credenza and sitting on my comfy ass perfect baby blue velvet throw pilows.

I felt no sadness.  Only victory.  Because you all can't have none of this.  Never.  No one is ever allowed into my house again.  None are deserving.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72]   Go Up