Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: taft ballroom  (Read 2629 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: taft ballroom
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »

at the ticket window or online?

Online (I of course chose to print the tix rather than paying the willcall fee as well as skipped some BS $7 "ticket insurance"). 

I couldn't make it to the window since they're only open 11-3 and prices go up DOS.  Do you only pay face value at the window or is it the same way?
i think it's $2 if anything plus you have a real ticket to put in the back of your cd case . . . for those who still have cds.

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

The show was really poorly attended.  I could understand people not wanting to pay $15 for them when they're the quintessential type of live show that someone would describe as "boring", and then there were the Halloween parties and the like on Saturday, but there were about 50 people at the venue, which was well less than a fourth of the ballroom.  Kind of bizarre to see.  When the Sea and Cake took the stage there wasn't even a regular ovation for them, just 4 or 5 claps spread out through the gigantic room.  I kind of felt bad for them.  But they trudged through and even came back for an encore.  Good show, especially watching John McEntire (also of Tortoise) on drums.  Disappointingly they didn't play anything from Oui but Jacking the Ball and The Argument were highlights.

Also the opener that greeted the small crowd was Matthew Friedberger, the brother from brother/sister duo The Fiery Furnaces (who I actually still like, esp. Blueberry Boat).  His solo performance was telling a "40-minute ghost story" where he would tell a story/comedy bit about working in a graveyard and getting visits from his great grandmother in his dreams which would occasionally turn into opera ballads and walking around the stage to sometimes sit down and play a keyboard and synth and a couple of bass solos.  It wasn't as bad as this probably sounds but it was still bad.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »

Thursday July 10, 2014--Scott Miller (solo, without The Commonwealth) will be appearing at the Taft Ballroom.  Unless I get some crisis at work, I'll be there.  It's hard to beat $12.00 advance tickets ($15.00 day of show)
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 02:29:02 PM »

8-21 The Polyphonic Spree Taft Ballroom
9-03 Man or Astroman? / The Pack AD / Wrey Taft Ballroom
9-12 The Features Taft Ballroom

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »

Will they build an extra-extra-large stage for this?  :P

I saw these guys YEARS ago at Bogart's and also at Coachella once. Twas a fun set each time.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »

This tour it looks like they're weighing in at a trim 14 members.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »

This tour it looks like they're weighing in at a trim 14 members.
they must've gone on a diet... When I saw them they were at 27 members... (give or take a few)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 10:24:38 PM »

I haven't heard a lot by this band but everything I've heard has been good.  And it's hard to beat the pre-day of show price of $12.00.  Yes, this one just might be a go...
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 11:34:58 PM »

I haven't heard a lot by this band but everything I've heard has been good.  And it's hard to beat the pre-day of show price of $12.00.  Yes, this one just might be a go...
They're a lot of fun. I hope to see you there.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 12:40:45 AM »

that's the same night as Paul Weller at Bogart's

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »

that's the same night as Paul Weller at Bogart's
let's not open up that can of worms. ;)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »

Attention euro60:  Meg Myers, October 20, 2015

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2015, 10:52:16 PM »

I don't mean to get excited or anything but,

FUCK YEAH, GODDAMN FUCKING RIGHT! ON MY MOTHERFUCKING BIRTHDAY!

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2015, 11:00:42 PM »

Tayfo, what is the difference between your regular, common garden variety birthday and your motherfucking birthday? 

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2015, 11:08:47 PM »

Isn't it obvious? Meg Myers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up