Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Bunbury Festival  (Read 5361 times)

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
Re: 2013 Bunbury Festival
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2013, 12:55:03 PM »

Jeez guys, who cares who's running it and what the numbers were.  Y'all sound like a bunch of grumps kicking sand.  Outside of a handful of bands, this (and last's) line-up weren't my thing, but I'm really happy to see another large scale music festival in my city.  There are going to issues in how it's run or organized, but these things will work themselves out or eventually become part of going to any festival experience.  Regardless what you think about Bill D, he (among others) have been front and center in spearheading initiatives to make the downtown area more interesting and entertaining for people on the edges of pop culture.  Whatever his personality flaws are, his efforts (MPMF, Indie Summer, Bunbury) have brought positive attention and incredible bands to Cincinnati. 

Time will tell if the higher ticket prices results in bigger names, but I'd have to think that this isn't a cash grab more than an investment.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »

Y'all sound like a bunch of grumps kicking sand.
I find it funny being call a grump when last I checked, I attended all days of both the 2012 and 2013 festivals, and you... didn't  ::) Nice way to support a budding musical festival in your own city.

If we didn't care about the festival, we wouldn't be talking about it and just say "fuggetaboutit!".

Anyway, since I don't do facebook (and hence can't post on their facebook page, I emailed Bunbury, and got a response from them within the hour.

Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. We are well aware of the bottleneck and working on a solution. The park poses a challenge each and every year.

The ticket price has been very low the first couple years. We are providing more value and pricing accordingly. It is still very reasonable when compared to other festivals.

So... let's see where this goes. Whereas last year I bought my 3 day pass without even knowing the line-up, methinks that I'm going to wait for the line-up announcement.

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2013, 01:40:48 PM »

I find it funny being call a grump when last I checked, I attended all days of both the 2012 and 2013 festivals, and you... didn't  ::) Nice way to support a budding musical festival in your own city.

Congratulations on attending all six days of Bunbury.  What a meaningful accomplishment. 

Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »

Time will tell if the higher ticket prices results in bigger names, but I'd have to think that this isn't a cash grab more than an investment.

I doubt his intentions are quite that altruistic but I've not talked to him in years so maybe he's different.  He's a politician (even if he's not yet an elected one) and he'll run over whomever he has to in his business dealings.  By and large he just rubs me the wrong direction.  But, yeah, I'll just shut up... it's his fest, people like it and I don't have to go so what do I care?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »

Email blast from Bunbury:

Dear Bunbury Attendees,

Many of you did not know that the $50 one-day and $100 three-day ticket offer was only good during the weekend of Bunbury. The current price for tickets is $55 for a one-day and $130 for a three-day. If you send us an email requesting the lowest price offer by Monday, July 22 (5PM EST), we will send you a discount code for up to two (2) tickets so you can still take advantage of the special pricing. Please be sure and use the same email address used to purchase tickets and indicate the quantity (1 or 2)  and type (one-day or three-day) of ticket.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up