Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ladyhawke - Anxiety  (Read 648 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Ladyhawke - Anxiety
« on: October 22, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »

Anyone been listening to this? A great surprise, and in the best of ways. Sure to make my year-end "best of" list. "Blue Eyes" would make a smash commercial hit, if commercial radio wasn't shite.

Would love to see her in concert at some point too.

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Ladyhawke - Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:54:24 AM »

I have listened to it a few times and it's good but not great, IMO. I compare it to her first album, which to me is in the top tier on the pop perfection rating chart, which means that Anxiety isn't as good. Is that a fair thing to do? I don't know.

It's a lot closer to 90s rock stylings than her other work, so perhaps she just wanted to go in a different direction - I like it I guess? I'd rather she kept with the pop anthems instead.

I did see her in concert in 09 and she was good. She didn't blow me away but I didn't have a bad time either. And damn is she cute.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »

I'm with Dan - this is a good album, but not on par with that first one. You're right about "Blue Eyes" Euro - that's a fab tune and in a WOXY universe would have 'hit' written all over it.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:14 PM »

It's all about personal tastes obviously but I like this album better than the first one.

And you're right, Kitty, I can only imagine that "Blue Eyes" and other tracks would've been played on WOXY <sigh>
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures
Pages: [1]   Go Up