Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: woxy.com is still down.  (Read 1298 times)

mizary

• Tourist
    • Blank Slate Brewing Company
woxy.com is still down.
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »

Yeah that was kinda a bait and switch subject.

I know it's gone forever...  But my brain still wants to type woxy.com into my browser on occasion.  And every once in a while I do type it in and look at the 404 error and cry a little bit.  Ok, I don't actually cry.  But I do miss it.  I really haven't sought out a replacement for woxy.  It's like ending a LT relationship. I still feel like I'm not ready to move on.  I really should check out Mikes new show... (listening now)
http://www.thisisthebigbeat.com/

I know of it...  but I've only listened maybe once. I will say it's good to hear his voice.

I've kinda taken a break from music in general. I got to far fewer live shows. Buy fewer CDs and vinyl. Download less music.  I mostly listen to old favorites if/when I do listen to music.  I put my entire catalog on shuffle last night and it was like looking at old photos of an ex-gf.  Good memories but still painful.  I am confident I will move on...  but for now I am taking a break.

Filling in for music has been mostly podcasts. And mostly TWIT.
http://twit.tv/
Technology podcasts.  Good stuff. I listen to the original TWIT every monday (it's fun to watch live on sunday nights but I never remember, I should set a recurring appt on my phone) I listen to 2-3 tech news today's a week. And listen to all about android about once a month... and this week in google once in a while.

I listen to a few NPR podcasts too.  This American Life is by far my favorite. I could listen to Ira Glass read the phone book. Wait...wait is good too but I rarely listen... but if I am in the car and it's on I will.

I've also tried to listen to Adam Corolla's podcast...  meh. it was boring. But it was better than Kevin Smiths smodcast. Wow. that was like listening to two 15 year old boys sitting in detention talking about pot and making dick and fart jokes. I had a co-worker say he loved it. I have no idea why. And I really like KS too...  I wanted to like it. I might have to give it another chance. I might have picked the worst ep ever.

I've also listened to an audio book.. stephen king's the dome.  It was pretty good.  Like 40hrs of audio! I listen to bits of Catcher in the Rye and fear and loathing in las vegas on occasion.

I want to actually start reading books again...  I really want to get a kindle paper white to see if that re kindles my desire to read. (pun intentional)

ok...  sorry for the slightly mis-leading subject. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

--mizary

luisterpaul

• City Elder
Re: woxy.com is still down.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »

I still have woxy.com bookmarked, and every now and then I'll click on it just to see.

Regarding Kevin Smith, I feel like I grew up but he didn't.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »

Duct tape can't fix stupid.

mizary

• Tourist
    • Blank Slate Brewing Company
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »

Lisa: Dad, I know you think you're happy now, but it's not going to last forever.
Homer: Everything lasts forever.

Homer is always right. I live by his gospel.

--mizary

frizgolf

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 01:31:26 PM »

There is no replacement.
I mostly listen to Slacker and Spotify now. Slacker's app can be a bit of work at times, but their music selection is awesome.
On Spotify, I've found that their playlist radio stations are pretty good. I have a few huuuge playlists on Spotify, and when I have internet connection I'll click the radio icon and let it rip. Play it too long, though, and it tends to get stuck on repetition of the same six to eight artists.
I haven't bought a new CD/album in over a year, so the new music discovery is kinda stagnant.
What we learn after we know it all is what counts.

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 09:12:32 PM »

Thanks for that depressing thought at Christmas :p

Jmach1P

• Summer Resident
    • youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 06:58:39 AM »

Mike Taylor still kickin' ass

Thursdays 22:00 UK ( 5pm Central Daylight Time)
 [4 pm CST (winter)]

http://amazingradio.co.uk/?show=miketaylor   2:04:00 Mike's SXSW preview show 3/14/2013

amazingtunes

Mike's SXSW  picks 3/14/2013

twitter
Pages: [1]   Go Up