Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Movies in 2013  (Read 31083 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: 50 Movies in 2013
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »

5 Butter
This grossed just $72000 when it was released at the tail end of last year. Why so little? This film is f***ing hilarious, has a stellar cast and is wonderfully presented and filmed. A Hugh Jackman/Olivia Wilde/Jennifer Garner film made just $72,000? Whoever recommended this... GsPotD!!
I wanted to see this. I didn't even remember it hitting the theatres. Is it on Netflix?
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »

Yup. Streaming, even.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »

Butter played for 1 week if I remember correctly at the Esquire last Fall. Glad I saw it then. A quirky lil' movie. And Jennifer Garnes just looks gorgeous in it.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 08:05:19 AM »

Jennifer Warner

Jennifer Garnes

As a group we are generally quite good at spelling and grammar so this was particularly entertaining.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 08:28:16 AM »

Jennifer Warner

Jennifer Garnes

As a group we are generally quite good at spelling and grammar so this was particularly entertaining.
I agree. I even corrected it in my quote. HAHAHA.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »

Butter played for 1 week if I remember correctly at the Esquire last Fall.

Yeah, that was a rough week.  I had a bunch of great bits, and the audience was all like "shut up, fucker, we're trying to watch a movie".  AND I didn't get paid on top of that, so I guess I'm just an idiot.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 10:06:26 AM »

Butter played for 1 week if I remember correctly at the Esquire last Fall.

Yeah, that was a rough week.  I had a bunch of great bits, and the audience was all like "shut up, fucker, we're trying to watch a movie".  AND I didn't get paid on top of that, so I guess I'm just an idiot.
Hahahahaha!

Pass the Douchey on the left hand side
Opulence. I has it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »

AND to "top" it all off, there was this tid bit about butter sculptures on NPR Morning Edition this morning as I drove in to work. Made me smile. And think of Jennifer Warnes  :P
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »

New to me films in bold
1 Iron Sky
2 Absinthe
3 Transsiberian
4 Withnail & I
5 Butter

adding
6 The Warriors
It came out to be played... again. Can you dig it? I said, can you dig it?
7 Mr Blue Sky: The Story of Jeff Lynne & ELO
Nice Rock doc. Lynne comes across as just a normal regular guy with next to no pretension. Tom Petty looks (say this quietly) old, Paul McCartney uncharacteristically refrains from singing "Hey Jude" and asking the audience to join in
8 Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa!
Another surprising Netflix find. Michael Sheen (with his willy out at one point) portrays the life of English comic actor Kenneth Williams, totally (as Sheen always seems to manage) capturing his mannerisms and voice. Williams was a star of the "Carry On" series of films - of which I am a fan - but battled demons his whole life/career and this film is based on extracts from his own diaries. I had no idea this movie even existed... Netflix coming up trumps again. However, it really is only for people familiar with Williams or British comedy culture from the late 60's/early 70's
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:19:44 PM by Cockney Rebel »
Opulence. I has it.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 05:33:23 PM »

1. Kentucky Fried Movie
2. John Carter - Not bad but not good either.
3. Tangled
4. Bugmaster - A live-action remake of a manga and animated television show. I've seen episodes of the animated show and this almost lives up to it. I give them a lot of points for the minimal use of CGI... it was used sparingly so the world feels real (which is important to the story).
5. Lawrence of Arabia - A glorious remastered version on the big screen. I mean, it is just beautiful...
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »

A usual, new to me movies are in bold

1. The Switch A really ridiculous premise, and Jason Bateman couldn't pull it together.
2. Friends with Kids Nice ensemble, fully fleshed out characters, it was fun.
3. The Hobbit Definitely lighter than LotR, and I enjoyed the sing along portion. Did wonder where are the women of Middle Earth are, though.

4. Monsters, Inc.  Still very funny, and a lovely film.

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »

1. High Anxiety
2. Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings - It was not as horrific as I initially anticipated.  It's a kid disney flick, but tolerable, if not to a certain extent entertaining.  I can't believe I just thought that about a damn Tinkerbell movie.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 04:48:09 PM »

1. Kentucky Fried Movie
2. John Carter - Not bad but not good either.
3. Tangled
4. Bugmaster - A live-action remake of a manga and animated television show. I've seen episodes of the animated show and this almost lives up to it. I give them a lot of points for the minimal use of CGI... it was used sparingly so the world feels real (which is important to the story).
5. Lawrence of Arabia - A glorious remastered version on the big screen. I mean, it is just beautiful...
6. Cinderella - The original Disney version.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 04:49:02 PM »

2. Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings - It was not as horrific as I initially anticipated.  It's a kid disney flick, but tolerable, if not to a certain extent entertaining.  I can't believe I just thought that about a damn Tinkerbell movie.
You have just started down a very slippery slope, my friend. Next, you'll be saying nice, rational things about those animated Barbie movies. *shudder*

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »

You have just started down a very slippery slope, my friend. Next, you'll be saying nice, rational things about those animated Barbie movies. *shudder*

Hell no! Never. Those CGI monstrosities are not allowed in my house.  I sat through Barbie Musketeers once.  Never again.

1. High Anxiety
2. Tinkerbell: Secret of the Wings
3. No Strings Attached - Standard junk food for the brain rom-com.  Not bad.  Whoever stated on here previously about Ashton K., agreed he was quite likable.  Cute, predictable, and good for a rainy sunday afternoon cleaning up the computer and email.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47   Go Up