Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned Movies in 2013  (Read 8514 times)

dirk

• City Elder
Re: Abandoned Movies in 2013
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 12:25:31 PM »

8 ● The Apple
Billed as a campy cult classic. Presumably made by a bunch of cults? Awful.
I have a friend who "loves" that movie. But, she only loves it because when she first saw it she was incredibly sick and doped up on so much medicine she thought she was hallucinating it. She was somewhat thrilled to know it was real. I've never been able to make it through the clips on youtube.
I am in the loves it camp as well.  It is an incredibly bad movie, but for people who love bad movies, it is a pinnacle of bad movies.   
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »

1) New Low
2) V/H/S
3) Spring Breakers

I made it 15 minutes in.  I hated every character.  It was obviously written by a guy who has dreams about college girls, because everything the girls did was one step away from a letter to Penthouse.  In the first 15 minutes there were more gratuitous boob shots than I have seen in probably the past year combined. And I still had no idea what the plot was other than they wanted to go to spring break but didn't have the money.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:54 AM »

Believe that was Harmony Korine, he of KIDS and GUMMO fame.  And his own wife is in it, so that's something.  I guess I'm saying I'm not surprised it was off-putting to some degree.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »

Battleship - I wasn't feeling so hot in the hotel room the other day. Happened upon this near the beginning while channel surfing. I gave up after about ten minutes: BORING, plus DinoShark was on SyFy.

jcarwash31

• Citizen
    • The Big Stuff Project
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 01:24:50 PM »

plus DinoShark was on SyFy.
Hmmm... so how long until we get DinoSharknado?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »

hmmm.. how about sooner than you think?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 01:27:45 AM »

New Low - I couldn't even make it 10 minutes into this.  It was everything you imagine a bad low budget movie to be.

V/H/S - wow, this was just horrible.  It starts with bad sexual assault "fun".  It is supposed to looks cheap because it's supposedly all on VHS tapes, but it looks like the worst tapes you had from 20 years ago.  The wraparound story is nonsensical.  Then they get to the first sub-story and it starts off with more bad "sex fun" with some frat boy having video glasses and them going out to pick up women so he can record them having sex.  And that is wear I just couldn't take anymore.

Glad I gave it up so quickly.  Wish I would have read this before turning it on and saving that 1 minute 30 seconds of my life.

1. V/H/S
2. The Mist - I enjoyed it at first until the horror started taking on more sociological and psychological tones.  Don't get me wrong it was well done, but started to burn into the brain a bit too much.  Finally had to tell Eric to turn it off and just tell me the ending.  Very glad I did or I would have made him sleep on the couch while I dragged the kid into my bed so I could actually get to sleep feeling a little more secure. 

jcarwash31

• Citizen
    • The Big Stuff Project
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »

hmmm.. how about sooner than you think?
No way. That's amazing. And Tara Reid speaks so eloquently about the project. Although, it sounds a little more like DinoSharkalanche?

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »

Wow... jcarwash has the second sight.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »

1. TOTAL RECALL (2012 version) - 01/19/13 - dvd from library - I fell asleep. Zzzzzzzzzz.
2. THE SWITCH - 02/01/13 - Netflix - Just wanted to make sure that this Jason Bateman movie was as bad as his 4-5 movies. Yep. Love him on TV. Hate him in films. Watched maybe 10 minutes before turning it off.
3. I LOVE YOU PHILIP MORRIS - 02/01/13 - Netflix - I watched 1/2 of this movie late on Friday and intended to watch the rest on Sunday. However, Netflix pulled it from streaming on 02/03/13. GAAAAAAAAAAAH.
4. ONE FOR THE MONEY - Netflix - I just couldn't continue.
5. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE WEIRD - Netflix - Great reviews on Netflix but I couldn't survive 10 minutes of this one.
6. CARNAGE - dvd from library - I couldn't be in the room with these people any longer.
7. SASSY PANTS - Netflix - I came this close to calling Child Protective Services for a couple of fictional characters. Put the phone down and just stopped the movie instead.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »

1. I Love You, Man
2. John Dies At The End

I watched the first 50 minutes or so and had no clue what was really happening. It also still felt like the movie was just beginning. I didn't hate it and actually was hoping that I would resume it, but it's been a couple weeks now and I haven't turned it back on.

Is this any good? Anyone know? It seemed tripped out to me.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »

2. John Dies At The End

I watched the first 50 minutes or so and had no clue what was really happening. It also still felt like the movie was just beginning. I didn't hate it and actually was hoping that I would resume it, but it's been a couple weeks now and I haven't turned it back on.

I saw the preview in the theatre a few times, and would've def checked it out, only then it never came to the theatre. (At least not in Cincinnati).

Does that count as an abandoned movie? A premature abandoned movie?  ;D
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »

2. John Dies At The End

It's not a good, it's goofy and weird. It's campy and off the wall, doesn't make much sense nor takes itself too seriously and that's what I liked about it.  It's something to on in the background while scrolling through blogs.

Speaking of premature abandonment; the Lone Ranger, Planes, and most of the previews before Elysium could fall under this category. No interest whatsoever.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »

1) New Low
2) V/H/S
3) Spring Breakers

I made it 15 minutes in.  I hated every character.  It was obviously written by a guy who has dreams about college girls, because everything the girls did was one step away from a letter to Penthouse.  In the first 15 minutes there were more gratuitous boob shots than I have seen in probably the past year combined. And I still had no idea what the plot was other than they wanted to go to spring break but didn't have the money.

I made it 45 minutes into it but got bored when it was clear there was no more "dreams about college girls" left in the barely-discernible plot.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:40 AM »

1. I Love You, Man
2. John Dies At The End
3. Spring Breakers

Blah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up