Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'll ask the million dollar question...  (Read 14695 times)

redbobsled

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire!
  • City Elder
I'll ask the million dollar question...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 12:53:21 AM »

I'm finishing up reading The Corrections right now, and I fear that may influence what I write about.  I used to do a lot of writing about totally fucked up nearly unlikeable characters with insane relationships - and now I'm tempted to write about that instead of doing the anti chick-lit chick-lit novel I was pondering.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 09:38:43 AM »

Quote from: "thelunarbee"
Well I just checked the NaNo boards.  Nothing seemed weird with the regional part to me... BTW, Cuddly, I sent you a PM over there. :bs:

Right back at ya Lunar.

Someone was talking about doing Lost-fic over there on the Cincy boards, that could be interesting.

I've been using the plot bank to the fullest extent, should make for an interesting story....
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

mikeatthemadfrog

• Tourist
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 10:49:46 AM »

signed (sigh) up...

I knew I shouldn't start reading Randomville...

giant vacuum of time///

probably will write sci-fi time travel novel...(concept in head for 2 years)
or back to the long awaited and completely unfinished 3.5 year coming of age story that I left the bar biz to write so long ago...(of course according to the faq rules that would be punishable by death)

so probably the sci fi...

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 05:17:49 PM »

Ooh!  Sci-fi!!!  Nice!!  I was thinking about doing a sci-fi piratey thing--- no ninjas, though, I don't much care for those.  Shh...

Or a totally crazy book based on a character I created back in college.  A short story about her once won me $100... but I dunno if I wanna bring her back to life... it's an emotionally draining kind of story.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

mikeatthemadfrog

• Tourist
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2004, 09:07:01 AM »

Ooh!  Sci-fi!!!  Nice!!  I was thinking about doing a sci-fi piratey thing--- no ninjas, though, I don't much care for those.  Shh...

Or a totally crazy book based on a character I created back in college.  A short story about her once won me $100... but I dunno if I wanna bring her back to life... it's an emotionally draining kind of story.

something that evokes emotion even the draining kind might be more rewarding than simply worrying about a deadline.

btw...
do you get a word document somewhere in cyberspace to store all this info?

how long do they save it?
I assume you just highlight 50,000 words and bring it back into your computer when your done as a word document...

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2004, 05:49:17 PM »

Quote from: "mikeatthemadfrog"
btw...
do you get a word document somewhere in cyberspace to store all this info?

how long do they save it?
I assume you just highlight 50,000 words and bring it back into your computer when your done as a word document...

Oh they have this uploading thingy... that counts your words for you.... I don't remember exactly, I think you upload your story as a .txt or something and then they have this program that counts the words.  People get all panicky because they're afraid that when they upload their novel, someone might steal it, which, to me, is just crazy talk.  I think they promise it's only saved for like an hour or something.. don't recall exactly, but some people get so freaked out about it that they put an encryption on their novels and then upload them.  I'm sure there will be threads-a-plenty about this on the NaNoWriMo boards.  There were last year.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

mikeatthemadfrog

• Tourist
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 07:31:52 AM »

cool.
thanks for the lowdown...
good luck with your writing
lunarbee

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 09:25:31 AM »

Anyone else posting thier writing in thier livejournal???

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 11:00:57 AM »

Not gonna post my writing on my livejournal... maybe a little something here and there.  Mostly I'm gonna use LJ to complain about the process, etc... unless another *cough cough* outlet should arise.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2004, 11:16:38 AM »

Not gonna post my writing on my livejournal... maybe a little something here and there.  Mostly I'm gonna use LJ to complain about the process, etc... unless another *cough cough* outlet should arise.

[schild=11 fontcolor=0000FF shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]festive hint[/schild]

Shall we start a support group???

mikeatthemadfrog

• Tourist
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 06:30:14 PM »

screw you HIPPIE. ;)

AllanM

• Summer Resident
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 10:31:01 AM »

I signed up this year -- have no idea if I'll even have the time, but what the hell.  November is such a bad month for this kind of thing for me...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up