Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience  (Read 1702 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:41:46 PM »

Before the album is released, I'm curious how everyone feels about it.

Interesting point of view:
Clickity Click

I particularly like this line:
let's say The 20/20 Experience is released on March 19 and does not meet expectations — which, in this case, requires 10 orgasmically sequenced songs plus the formula for cold fusion in the liners

He is pretty much spot on. Do you think JT will have what it takes to follow up? Will this album be a let down? The few reports I've heard is that he's still a world-class performer.

Does anyone even care?

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »

I know I don't, but I suppose some may still care.

I wouldn't have gone by myself, but I did take my then 17 yr. old daughter on his last tour when he played the US Bank Arena (late 06 or early 07, I think), and that was a great show, I'll admit that much.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »

I only care because this pretty well assures an SNL appearance in the near future.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

I'm not digging the new single.  Then again, I didn't think Sexyback was anything to write home about either.

I really doubt he will put out a bad album.  He's way too talented and way too smart.  I mean, a bad commercial album.

I think he is capable of putting out a legit great album but probably only if he really wants to or he really has to... and that will likely never happen because again he is way too talented and way too smart.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:35:43 PM by Zafer Kaya »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »

I really doubt he will put out a bad album.  He's way too talented and way too smart.  I mean, a bad commercial album.
I completely agree with that.

Meanwhile, looks like he's got some serious touring plans. From Pollstar:

Timberlake, whose performance at the Grammys included a cameo from Jay-Z, apparently told at least one reporter on the red carpet that fans would be seeing the two stars on stage together again soon.

The New York Post reports that Timberlake said, “We’re definitely going to go on tour . . . I don’t know how much I should say . . . It’s going to be a lot of fun, I know that.” According to the Post’s sources, the “we” in question is J.T. and Beyoncé’s husband.

Rolling Stone has its sources too, reporting that “while talks are still ongoing, the tour as currently planned would include 11 to 13 stadium dates.” RS points out that Timberlake’s official Twitter page tweeted over the weekend “big news coming after Justin’s Grammys performance.” So, we’ll have to wait and see.

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »

I only care because this pretty well assures an SNL appearance in the near future.

This about sums up my opinion as well.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »

I don't know why, but I like rooting for the guy. I don't know his music much but everyone seems to be a little bit happier when he is doing well.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 03:47:47 PM »

Agreed 100%.  Make no mistake, I think he's an awesome guy and wish him all the best.  I just don't give a shit about his music or who he tours with.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up