Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: !!! - Thr!!!er  (Read 974 times)

euro60

• City Elder
!!! - Thr!!!er
« on: June 02, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »

Holy cow, possibly the best album of the year (for me anyway)! Anyone else listening to it?

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: !!! - Thr!!!er
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »

I gave it a spin. 

People who love !!!-- Will be  disappointed.
People who kinda like !!! but have never been super into them--  Will love this.
People who don't like !!!--  Will still not like !!! but will find a couple enjoyable tracks.

Basically, it's still !!!-like but also a lot more conventionally poppy. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »

People who kinda like !!! but have never been super into them--  Will love this.
That would be me  ;)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »

Yeah, I think I fall into the second category as well. I will give it a spin later this week.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »

If you only listen to one song from start to finish, make it track 8 "Careful". THE best song of the album.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »

I saw !!! in LA in late August... they were awesome... Sooooooo looking forward to Tuesday's show at the Taft Ballroom set. AND Yip Deceiver is opening!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 12:04:29 AM »

Fantastic show tonight at the Taft Ballroom (my first time there, great venue). Opener Yip Deceiver was quite nice. Then came !!! and the party was really on! They played mostly from Th!!!er and Myth Takes, and it was a massive dance party from start to finish. Despite the low attendance (I'm guessing about 150), the band gave their all, and the audience responded accordingly. Nic (the lead singer) wore his "Some Girls" Rolling Stones underpants as he always does (I sure hope he has more than one pair of those) and he led the dance party, jumping into the crowd on several occasions. Just great fun all around. So glad these guys made it to Cincinnati, only wish that there was better attendance. I saw them also in late August at the FYF fest in LA, where they played a similar set, but for a much bigger festival crowd.

Pages: [1]   Go Up