Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cat Thread  (Read 22085 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
The Cat Thread
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:51:08 AM »

It seems most of us own cats.

Instead of taking up the Book Thread or someplace else, let all your cat discussion take place here.

Do your cats wait at the door for you when you enter the house/apartment? Mine does - he hears the key rattling and he's at the door before I finish unlocking...it's adorable or crazy. Or both.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: The Cat Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »

Yay! A cat thread!

Murphy seems to know what time I am due home each workday. He is usually sitting at the front door, waiting. And as I am walking up the steps, he lets out a little chirp-meow to let CR know that I am home. So sweet!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:04:28 AM »

Great thread!

Living by myself, I cannot have a dog so I've had a cat for many years, in fact since my divorce almost 20 years ago. My current cat is only the second one over that stretch. My previous cat lived a long, long life, he was I believe 18 years old when he died of old age. I was devastated when he died.

My current cat's name is Mimic. He doesn't come to the door when I get home. But once he realizes I'm home he'll pretty much follow me around until I settle in and he'll sit on my lap then for a good while.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »

Our cat waits at the door for us to hopefully leave it open that one extra second so he can run outside to glorious, sweet freedom.  Can't tell if he hates us or just really loves the outdoors.  But when he goes out there he tends to just stand under a bush or something, and the one time he was gone for hours, we found him because he was meowing under a car just 20 yards from our front porch.  Way to explore, dipshit.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »

KITTIES!!!!!!

My cat, Linus, is either waiting by the door or in the front window when I get home from work. If he's in the window, he starts using his "Mama" meow as soon as he sees my car. Then it's at least 15 minutes of purring and chirping about his day before I can settle in to my routine (usually him "helping" me with my workout).
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »

Both my cats wait at the door for me to come home from work, because they know it's feeding time.  I come in, and they meow and then start trotting hopefully towards the food dish. 

Both my cats are stereotypical cats.  But probably every cat is a stereotypical cat because it's not like we know them on anything other than basic behavioral levels.  I have the one active, chatty, smart, loves food, lots-of-quirks, always-getting-into-trouble cat.  And then the dumb, passive, lies-around-like-a-lump cat who has no personality whatsoever other than wanting to be petted constantly. 

All my friends who do not have cats love the crazy cat.  All my friends who have cats like the dumb cat.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »

Meow!

Clearly I've needed this thread in my life. My two cats are Ozzie and Knox, and they are both behemoths, weighing in between 15-18 lbs. Neither are lap cats, which makes me a little sad, but both are emotionally needy fuzzbuckets. I got Knox because Oz was so lonely while I was at work. He'd cry for an hour after I got home each day, so I got him a pet and that shut him up-- except for whining about Knox.

Knox nearly killed Ella about a year ago-- tripped her as she was walking across the room. Oops.

Ozzie has taken to sleeping in the middle of the floor on his back. It's weird.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:30:06 AM »

We have three cats: Luna, Mushka and Kolya.

Luna is getting old and doesn't venture far from her pillow by the heater in the bedroom. She'll hiss when you pick her up, purr while you're holding and scratching her, then hiss when you put her back down.

Mushka talks all the goddamn time. Sweet cat, but a bit of a pest, too. Tends to wolf down food and throw it up in another room. :/

Kolya is my buddy. He often follows me around like a dog, and even drools like one from time to time. Loves attention, but hates to be brushed, so inevitably gets mats in his long hair. He has diabetes, and is usually purring by the time I'm done giving him his shot.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »

Kolya is my buddy. He often follows me around like a dog, and even drools like one from time to time.
Murphy is a big drooler. One of his many nicknames is "Greg Drully."

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »

Mushka talks all the goddamn time. Sweet cat, but a bit of a pest, too. Tends to wolf down food and throw it up in another room. :/
Our cats should have a phone call sometime, then they can exhaust their talking and leave us all the hell along for a minute or so.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:14:24 PM »

My parents have cats.  My wife's eyes swell, itch and leak profusely whenever she is there.  Therefore, we do not have cats.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »

So, this thread tells me it is time to give up and start a "how early do you eat dinner" thread.  Or a "what's your favorite brand of hearing aid battery" thread.

4 PM and I'm a Duracell man.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »

So, this thread tells me it is time to give up and start a "how early do you eat dinner" thread.  Or a "what's your favorite brand of hearing aid battery" thread.

4 PM and I'm a Duracell man.

5:30 p.m. and WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »

We are all old? I don't know how talking about Cats makes us old, but if you say so... Wouldn't you rather we talk about this here than in some other thread?

Anyway, my cat drools when he sees me, too, so I'm glad to read that this is not unheard of. It's usually only a little bit so I don't really care and thus it's never been a concern.

My cat will only talk a little in the morning when he's waiting for me to feed him, but I'm hoping this doesn't become annoying. I liked it better when he was a silent cat. He does DEMAND my attention when I get home though so it might as well be the same thing.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 02:57:34 PM »

5:30 p.m. and WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

I'm falling asleep in front of the local news by 5:30.  Whippersnappers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Up