Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DC Superheroes  (Read 501 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
DC Superheroes
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:49:56 AM »

Now I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but I think a Justice League movie is possible. First you'd have to be able to get Batman and Superman on the same page. Hell, even in the same book. The last Batman trilogy Batman would not be teaming up with a goody goody like Superman, but a Batman who is more confident in his skills and can play well with other may be able to. Recently a Flash movie has gained a lot of momentum. While "good for him" I think a good Wonder Woman film is possible. Simply based in her Amazon roots defending her Kingdom could be really cool to see. Think a modern day "The Mission" or "Avatar" against an Amazon tribe and then her release into the outside / modern world. No invisible plane, no truth telling lasso, but bullet reflecting bracelets and overall badassness could make her a lot cooler than Linda Carter. Also relaunch Batman without a origin story in a Gotham where he has criminals scared and can take time off for a more global threat. Green Lantern . . . well he has to be there, but the last movie gives off mixed emotions. A second film with a earth based threat could ground him more into the reality of a earth superhero. Aquaman . . . we're not ready for Aquaman, but watching the cartoon Justice League with my son tells me that he could be a great character ousted from his kingdom and having to be reclaimed. I know you have thoughts about this too . . . let it ride.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
Re: DC Superheroes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:01:40 AM »

The only way a DC Avengers Superheroes movie could work is if it stayed consistent with the gritty, relatively "realistic" vision of the Batman reboot trilogy and Man of Steel. Avoid the polished flashiness of the Marvel movies. Focus on humanizing story lines of flawed characters. Don't hire Ryan Reynolds again. That sort of thing.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »

Also... Superman is pretty much invincible. If you're going to have multiple superheroes, they all need both flaws and someone equally powerful for them to fight. In The Avengers they needed a demi-god. Who are the DC Superheroes going to fight that actually puts up a challenge? And would it be possible that they could tell a good story and have a good fight WITHOUT destroying an entire city just for effect?

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »

As much as I would love a Justice League movie, I have very little faith in DC's movie division to do one properly.  The Batman films were excellent (well, the last one was OK), but that Batman doesn't fit well into a Justice League movie.  I haven't seen Superman, but from what I have heard about it, I am not going to like it.  GL was horrible. I have less than zero faith that they can do Wonder Woman justice.  They have made their universe so dark with Batman and Superman that it would be hard to do a good team movie out of it.

They have announced that they are doing a Superman/Batman movie. We'll see how it goes, as I assume this is their way to build to a whole Justice League movie.

What they should do it just have Bruce Timm be the head of their movie division.  The DC animated movies were incredible under him.  He is someone who understands the characters and the comics and how to translate them to the screen.  But for some reason, they refuse to see this.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon
Pages: [1]   Go Up