Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sky Ferreria - Night Time, My Time  (Read 1052 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Sky Ferreria - Night Time, My Time
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »

She played at the Bunbury this summer. Great set until her voice gave out 30 min. into it.

The long-awaited debut album is finally out, and it's quite good actually.

But I have to say I was stunned to see the album cover. If it was her goal to shock, she sure shocked me.

http://www.spin.com/sites/all/files/131010-sky-ferreira-night-time-my-time-nsfw-album-art-full.jpg

(I removed the embedded image since we try to keep NSFW images off the forums. -LMNOP)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:50:30 PM by Ella Minnow Pea »
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Sky Ferreria - Night Time, My Time
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »

Yeah, that kind of cover makes it harder to listen while at work. I don't need to have that showing in the corner of my spotify or itunes.

However, as the Bloodhound Gang once said... hooray for boobies!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

For me, the bigger question is: why would she do this? It will certainly create controversy and I suppose any added attention to her release is "good" even though it may detract from the discussion as to her music, but she is 21, and why would she expose herself like that (literally)? I just don't get it.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 01:51:31 AM »

Because she's an idiot.  I'd be a lot less worried about her posing nude than her penchant for taking E and her heroin addict boyfriend.  Decent album though.

Gaspar Noe shot that cover.  Enter the Void is the only movie I've ever seen where I almost walked out because there was too much sex.  Not because the sex offended me.  Because it's reeeeaaaaalllly boring watching 2 hours of dimly light spazzy gritty sex scenes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up