Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned Movies in 2014  (Read 3016 times)

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Abandoned Movies in 2014
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:45:11 AM »

1 ● Boogie Woogie
Crappy Wappy
Opulence. I has it.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
Re: Abandoned Movies in 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »

Always good for a chuckle.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »

1. I GIVE IT A YEAR - supposed to British Rom-Com but there was very little Com and 0% Rom.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »

1. Leviathan

A/V Club called it the 4th best film of 2013 (after Before Midnight, 12 Years A Slave, and Frances Ha, which I could totally understand and mostly agreed with). Unfortunately, the first 20 minutes were genuinely confusing, unclear, challenging, and just plain boring. Others in the room said it was "Deadliest Catch" without the skills or knowledge of how to produce a film. Experimental, perhaps, but that doesn't mean good.

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 09:40:39 PM »

1.  And Now a Word from Our Sponsors - Made it about a half hour in before turning it off.  It seemed like a paycheck movie for Parker Posey.  Implausible set-up, bad dialogue, poor character development, just bland bad and in no way fun bad.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »

Caught some of "Something Borrowed" on one of the cable channels last night. Ginnifer Godwin, Kate Hudson, John Kryzinski. GG's character is in love with her best friend's fiance (Surprisingly not John K., since he was the "bigger" name of the male leads) Kate Hudson was the best friend.  The Hudson character had no redeeming qualities, which is why the audience can root for Gennifer to end up with the fiance. I hated all of the characters for the 30 minutes I watched. So, I quit it.

Evidently, they planned on a sequel? I hope it doesn't get made!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »

1. Bronies

Feel like I kinda wasn't going to get much more out of it then what I got in the first 15 minutes.  The concept of the doc is supremely amusing, and seems like it was executed well enough, but as it turns out I wasn't that interested in it to watch something for 80 minutes about it.  Seems more like a 5 minute COLBERT REPORT sketch if anything.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »

Caught some of "Something Borrowed" on one of the cable channels last night. Ginnifer Godwin, Kate Hudson, John Kryzinski. GG's character is in love with her best friend's fiance (Surprisingly not John K., since he was the "bigger" name of the male leads) Kate Hudson was the best friend.  The Hudson character had no redeeming qualities, which is why the audience can root for Gennifer to end up with the fiance. I hated all of the characters for the 30 minutes I watched. So, I quit it.

Evidently, they planned on a sequel? I hope it doesn't get made!
I couldn't watch all of that shit either. It was horrible.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »

1. I GIVE IT A YEAR - supposed to British Rom-Com but there was very little Com and 0% Rom.
2. SOME GIRL(S) - Good cast, nauseating film. I watched about 10 minutes and then fast-forwarded to the Kristen Bell part (at the VERY end). I turned it off after only watching about 50 seconds of her part. Seriously awful, Neil LaBute.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 06:28:51 AM »

Dungeons & Dragons: the book of vile darkness - Dear lord, what a hot mess. I like bad movies... usually the badder the better. But, this was just awful. Hollywood just needs to lay off the D&D movies, they've made 4 and they've all been terrible.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

va-vacious

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »

somehow I'd missed that there have been D&D movies. How does it work? Is it a franchise where the same characters keep coming back?

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 06:24:29 AM »

Heh. Nope. Each movie had distinct (!) storylines and characters set in a D&D universe. IMDB has listings for all the movies... and some hilarious user reviews.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »

Heh. Nope. Each movie had distinct (!) storylines and characters set in a D&D universe. IMDB has listings for all the movies... and some hilarious user reviews.
[NerdVoice]Actually, Wrath of the Dragon God had the bald bad guy (henchman to Jeremy Irons) from the 2000 movie. Same character, returns from the dead or some such. He really should have stayed dead, though. Glaven.[/NerdVoice]

ETA: I'm not exactly happy I know this.

va-vacious

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »

yikes! Glad I've missed these movies. 

Abandoned movie: Anchoman 2. Ugh. Not funny at all, and was really boring. I fell asleep mid-way through.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »

1. Leviathan
2. Life of Brian

I know I know ... it's a good movie. I had never seen it and wanted to know the deal and how the basic joke (the guy born next door to Jesus) works itself out. But when I started listening to the Python guys doing their falsettos to play women and being generally hard to understand, I just didn't feel like watching it anymore. Maybe some other time I suppose.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up