Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HBO and CBS 'cut the cord'... what's next?  (Read 1015 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
HBO and CBS 'cut the cord'... what's next?
« on: October 16, 2014, 12:33:16 PM »

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the future of TV and Internet streaming. Yesterday HBO announced a streaming subscription service for non-cable subscribers. Today, CBS announced something similar.

Is this good or bad in your mind? What do you think the future holds? How does this impact the Net Neutrality issues prevalent today? Have you 'cut the cord' already? I think a few folks here have done so. If not, will you do so soon?

dirk

• City Elder
Re: HBO and CBS 'cut the cord'... what's next?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:41:03 PM »

I like the HBO option (assuming it isn't ridiculously priced). If they keep it around the same cost as getting HBO on cable, I think it will be a hit.

The CBS option on the other hand is terrible. Here is an OTA channel trying to charge $6 a month for their shows you can watch for free (and some crappy "classics"). If this is the future, that means we will be paying $24 a month just for the big 4 networks (and don;t forget at least for now, the CBS deal DOESN'T include NFL football).

I have said for years that al a carte will end up being a terrible deal and if this is the way it is going to go, I think I will be 100% correct.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »

Wow, finally HBO gets a clue. Isn't Game of Thrones like the most pirated TV series of all time?
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »

The CBS option on the other hand is terrible. Here is an OTA channel trying to charge $6 a month for their shows you can watch for free (and some crappy "classics"). If this is the future, that means we will be paying $24 a month just for the big 4 networks (and don;t forget at least for now, the CBS deal DOESN'T include NFL football).

Charging money...for CBS? Hahaha! That's hilarious.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »

cbs was fighting with dish, we had all kinds of notices flashing on the screen for a couple of weeks. i assume they solved it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up