Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to the Ludlow Theatre, Ludlow Kentucky (really!)  (Read 380 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Coming to the Ludlow Theatre, Ludlow Kentucky (really!)
« on: November 02, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »

Ramblin' Jack Elliott on Saturday November 8, 2014 at 6:00 PM.  I'm not a huge fan but I like a wide variety of musical genres.  Also, Jack is 83 and can't ramble forever, so anyone who has any interest in the show should consider going, since one never knows if he'll tour in this area again.

Yes, Ludlow, Kentucky, that little town west of Covington.  Truth to tell, I'm as interested in seeing the theatre as I am in seeing Ramblin' Jack.  It's great how a lot of old theatres are being renovated and brought back to life, rather than face the wrecking ball.  I don't think the Ludlow has had a lot of concerts, but maybe they'll book more of them in the future, and not limit themselves to folk music.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

mik

• City Elder
Re: Coming to the Ludlow Theatre, Ludlow Kentucky (really!)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »

Sounds like a good one. Won't be able to make it however since our high school has a football playoff game that night and my daughter will be cheering. Could be her last football game.  :'(
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:24:55 PM »

My daughter had her last cheerleading game last year in middle school.  She had no interest in continuing to do cheer in high school (she's a freshman).  To each his or her own, I suppose.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

edro

• Summer Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:44:04 AM »

Thanks for posting.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »

The Ludlow Theatre is currently being renovated to accommodate the Bircus Brewing Company.  However, in a recent post on the venue's Facebook page, "Ludlow Theatre" (owner Paul Miller) noted that Adrian Belew is from Ludlow and that he wishes Belew will come back and play the Ludlow Theatre.  So live music is still planned for the place.  I'm glad; the more the merrier, I say.

Although it might cause confusion for out of town bands with Ludlow Theatre and Live At The Ludlow Garage in the same metropolitan area...

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 12:33:17 AM »

I'm confused... The Ludlow Theater is a different place? If so, where is this?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 12:40:20 AM »

I'm assuming you're kidding, euro.  But if my assumption isn't correct, it's explained up thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up