Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Woodward Theater  (Read 6189 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Woodward Theater
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 12:22:30 AM »

that's very disappointing to hear, actually. For us older folks, the ability to be able to sit, if not the whole time, then at least some of the time, is pretty important.  (And I fully realize that these shows are not catered to us older folks.) But that is why I loved the old SGH so much. Been to so many shows there over the years, with PACKED audiences, but it didn't matter, as I got there early enough to secure a table with a couple of seats in the upstairs for me and my (also older) friends.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 09:48:11 AM »

Hopefully it will be like the SGHR and have some/many chairs for select events.  But that's one reason I've been trying to exercise more lately--so I'll be able to keep standing during shows. :)
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

I hit the tigerlilies, hiders, culture queer show on Saturday. I like it there, it needs tables or something so you can put your drink down but it's not quite finished yet.

The room is a little too live, but I'm told they're putting in the foam insulation to help deaden the echoes a bit. It has so much potential. I'm really, really excited to see/hear it when it's finished.

"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »

I read on a recent article about the Woodward that they are sorta-trying to have shows finish up by 11 pm so that the crowd can then check out whoever is playing at MOTR (owned by the same folks).

What has been the actual experience been from anyone about finishing time of shows at the Woodward?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »

On January 28, 2015, the Woodward will have the Nine Pound Pussy Unplugged Tour, featuring Earl from Nine Pound Hammer and Blaine from Nashville Pussy.  Blaine is always funny and entertaining and I'm sure it will be a good show.  Unfortunately, it's on a Wednesday so I very likely won't be able to make it.  :(
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 11:30:43 PM »

Leggy is playing tomorrow Friday night at the Woodward. I'm sorry to miss it since I won't be back in town until Sunday.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:14 AM »

4-18 The Bright Light Social Hour

and don't forget Barrence Whitfield this Friday.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:31:17 PM by TayFo »

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »

I read on a recent article about the Woodward that they are sorta-trying to have shows finish up by 11 pm so that the crowd can then check out whoever is playing at MOTR (owned by the same folks).

What has been the actual experience been from anyone about finishing time of shows at the Woodward?

I think it depends on the night you're there. The last time I went, the show at Woodward wrapped up early-ish (11 or 11:30) and we headed over to MOTR but there were only two bands on that night and no one was on stage. I haven't been since November though, so I can't say if it's changed.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 03:40:17 PM »

Rubblebucket on Saturday April 4, 2015, or so says www.cincyticket.com.  Really starting to get into this band, and on a weekend night.  Just might have to go to this one.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:14:59 PM »

Speaking of, I'll be there tonight for Barrence Whitfield. I'll see about the timing for a MOTR triple bill.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:09 AM »

Thought The Woodward wouldn't have any acts of older vintage than Swans, huh?  Well, The Church (March 8, 2015) has been around a little longer than them.  But by far the earliest-formed band the place has booked are the freakin' legendary Sonics (April 23, 2015).  That's on a Thursday which will be hard for me to make.  But who knows if they'll ever do an extended tour again?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 09:50:09 AM »

The Church? That's awesome!

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »

Maybe so, but The Sonics are even more awesome IMO.  Everyone to his/her own taste and all of that.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 02:06:44 PM »

Speaking of, I'll be there tonight for Barrence Whitfield. I'll see about the timing for a MOTR triple bill.
Showtime for Barrence was 9:00 which is a little late. All the other upcoming shows start at 8:00. The Sundresses didn't start til 9:30 and Barrence ended a little after 11:30. I was able to catch the full Bummer's Eve set.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »

Thought The Woodward wouldn't have any acts of older vintage than Swans, huh?  Well, The Church (March 8, 2015) has been around a little longer than them.  But by far the earliest-formed band the place has booked are the freakin' legendary Sonics (April 23, 2015).  That's on a Thursday which will be hard for me to make.  But who knows if they'll ever do an extended tour again?
Yikes! Let me know what you decide on the Sonics - I'll do my best to attend this one if you go.
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up