Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woodward Theater  (Read 6188 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Woodward Theater
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2017, 08:46:44 AM »

Got my ticket to see The Joy Formidable tonight.  I was going to see Warpaint at The 20th Century, but after listening to concerts by both on YouTube I chose TJF. I got bored before 30 minutes  of Warpaint's set elapsed, not so with The Joy Formidable.  I guess it makes sense that Warpaint is opening for Depeche Mode on an upcoming tour.  I have this theory that Depeche Mode fans like being bored.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2017, 11:08:13 PM »

9/4/2017 - solo show from Cindy Wilson of the B-52s
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »

November 21, 2017--Pere Ubu finally books a Cincinnati gig for the first time in who knows when.  And to make it even better, Johnny Dowd, my favorite musician at present, is opening!  Good times to be had for sure.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »

November 21, 2017--Pere Ubu finally books a Cincinnati gig for the first time in who knows when.  And to make it even better, Johnny Dowd, my favorite musician at present, is opening!  Good times to be had for sure.
Heck of a bill! I'm afraid I'll be out of town, though,,, If I'm in town, for sure I'll be there!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2017, 10:11:46 AM »

April 12, 2018-- The Mountain Goats.  A sellout is not unimaginable.

And let's not forget this coming Tuesday, November 21, 2017--Pere Ubu and Johnny Dowd.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:39 AM »

You know who is going to be front and center for that one! Ken "Trash Flow Radio" Katkin...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »

And let's not forget this coming Tuesday, November 21, 2017--Pere Ubu and Johnny Dowd.
I already purchased my ticket for this. If you like the Mountain Goats, it is really worth your time to check out the podcast I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats. It is John Darnell and Cecil Baldwin from Welcome to Nightvale discussing the All Hail West Texas album in depth, one song per show. It's really interesting.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »

You know who is going to be front and center for that one! Ken "Trash Flow Radio" Katkin...

It's on a week night.  But I might be able to go if it's during my spring break from school.  I usually take some vacation time during that.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2017, 12:16:24 PM »

I already purchased my ticket for this. If you like the Mountain Goats, it is really worth your time to check out the podcast I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats. It is John Darnell and Cecil Baldwin from Welcome to Nightvale discussing the All Hail West Texas album in depth, one song per show. It's really interesting.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

You were wise to get your ticket well in advance.  I saw TMG at the Taft ballroom awhile back and really enjoyed it.  Hope I'll be able to see them this time around.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2017, 03:51:45 PM »

Woodward seems like a smallish venue for these guys.  I'd like to go, but not sure I want to stand in a capacity crowd.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up