News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Leggy  (Read 4109 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Leggy
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:55:07 PM »

Nice plug for my daughter's band from this week's CityBeat:

• Cincy “Bubblegum Punk” trio Leggy are set to go international in a few weeks, taking their winter tour to the East Coast and then traveling to play Canada for the first time. The band, which issued its debut release, the excellent, infectious six-song Cavity Castle, earlier this year (listen to/purchase it at  leggy.bandcamp.com), will kick off its tour with a hometown show Saturday at MOTR Pub (1345 Main St., Over-the-Rhine, motrpub.com). Detroit’s Palaces kick off the free show at 10 p.m.

Here are the tour dates for what Leggy is calling its "Winter Babies Tour" (never mind that this is still Fall):

November 22 - Cincinnati, OH @ MOTR
November 23 - Athens, OH @ Bat Lounge
November 24 - Washington, DC @ The Pinch
November 26 - Baltimore, MD @ @ WINDUP
November 28 - Brooklyn, NY @  PALISADES
November 30 - Manhattan, NY @ Cake Shop
December 1 - Philadelphia, PA @ Hazard Hall
December 2 - Boston, MA @ House Show
December 3 - Easthampton, MA @ Flywheel
December 4 - Montreal, QC @ Barfly
December 5 - Toronto, ON @ Silver Dollar Room
December 6 - London, ON @ House Show
December 7 - Windsor, ON @ Phog Lounge
December 8 - Kalamazoo, MI @ LOUIE'S TROPHY ROOM
December 9 - Columbus, OH @ Ace of Cups
December 10 - Lexington, KY @ Best Friend Bar
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:18:12 PM by euro60 »
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Leggy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »

I'll be out of town when they are in town. Sorry!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:08:42 PM »

Final details of the tour are finalized (see updated tour schedule)

As for the show at MOTR tomorrow night, there will be "tapes, new shirts, new sweatshirts, new buttons, new songs, new covers and all kinds of other fun stuff to share with ya"
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:49:48 PM »

great review for them!
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »

The 2015 Cincinnati Entertainment Awards nominations have just been announced:

New Artist of the Year: Dream Tiger; Honeyspiders; PRIM; Elk Creek; Leggy; Noah Smith

Also this, from CityBeat:

Like the past couple years, there will be a “Best New Bands” showcase leading up to the CEA ceremony featuring performers from the “New Artist of the Year” category (as well as other worthy newcomers). The Best New Bands showcase returns to Bogart’s on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, and will coincide with CityBeat’s Best New Bands issue, profiling the New Artist nominees.

I am excited for my daughter  8)

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »

Leggy is playing twice at the beautiful Woodward Theater in Over the Rhine in the near future:

Friday Dec 26th with Cincinnati Royals, The Lockland Brakes, + Frontier Folk Nebraska

Friday Jan 9th with BABE RAGE, Honey Wild + Curtsey

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »

keep update with more shows.  can't make the ninth.  would like to check em out.  even if yer a homer   ;D  great name for a band
poach eggs, not elephants

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 12:51:39 PM »

This week's CityBeat cover story is "Best New Bands 2015", covering and profiling the 6 nominees for the Cincinnati Entertainment Awards' Best New Artist of the Year category, including Leggy:

http://citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-31936-leggy-pop.html

As a reminder, these 6 play at Bogart's this coming Saturday Jan 17 in the "Best New Bands 2015" showcase. I have it on good inside information that Leggy plays at 10 on the dot  ;) 

Tix for the Bogart's show are just $5.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:15:30 PM by euro60 »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »

Well that was quite the event at Bogart's on Saturday. Frankly, I was fearing the worst (attendance-wise). Got there at 9:30 and was shocked to see the place bustling and with a huge crowd on hand. I'm guessing 750-1,000 people? My daughter told me that was quite normal (based on what she saw last year, she tells me). Leggy came on at 10:30 and I thought they put on a great set (but of course I'm biased). By far the largest crowd they've played to so far. Fun all around.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:54:49 PM by euro60 »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 05:33:44 PM »

Good news from the Leggy-verse They have just released their 2nd EP, called "Nice Try". It's up on their bandcamp:

http://leggy.bandcamp.com/

And here are the latest tour dates:

2/27 @ Ace Of Cups (Columbus)

3/12 @ Murphy's (Memphis, TN)

3/13 @ 35 Denton Fest (Denton, TX)

3/14 @ Beerland (Austin, TX)

3/15 @ B-Day House Party/Show (Austin, TX)

3/16 @ House Party (Austin, TX)

3/17 @ Hillman's Garage (Tulsa, OK)

3/22 @ Haymarket Whiskey Bar (Louisville)

3/23 @  Springwater Supper Club (Nashville, TN)

3/24 @ The Comet

3/28 @ Tacocracy

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:38:21 PM by euro60 »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

thank you 3hive.com for the write-up on Leggy (and the shout-out at the end)...

http://3hive.com/

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

Whoa. Nice!

It does feel like a little like we have some stalkers, too.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »

From Leggy's facebook page (posted last night):

everyone, we have a tour emergency - we went to buy a van today- and when we got to the used car lot, it turns out they had already sold the van we had been in contact with them about, and tried to get us to buy a different van with 60,000 more miles on it..... basically we got seriously fucked and i know yr not supposed to put all yr eggs in one basket but idk i've never bought a van before :'((((( if ANYONE has a large vehicle that they would let us use for tour, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message us- we would be needing it from March 12-18. we can give you some $$$ and also will let you use one of our cars while we're gone. please spread the word, we really need help!

https://www.facebook.com/leggy

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »

Ah, the woes of a touring band.  I've got nothing to offer, unfortunately.  Hope they figure something out.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up