Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRON MAIDEN at riverbend and a town near you  (Read 282 times)

twentyshots

• City Elder
IRON MAIDEN at riverbend and a town near you
« on: August 18, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »

there are still a slew of north american dates (including indianapolis) coming up and i'd have to say.....appease the metal gods and GO.
it's over-the-top, theatrical, madness. your eyes will sting, your ears will ring and in the crowd you will see more different concert shirts than you thought were even possible. you will see fuckers wearing iron maiden shoes and painter's hats that are 35 years old. you will see flames, smell smoke*, and hear 15,000 middle-aged white dudes and dude-ettes screaming to the firmament knowing full well they have to go back to work in the morning. it is like a cannon of lost dreams going off in one defiant last roar.

the band is tight, and sounded great and, with a couple overdrawn, theme-heavy exceptions, had a solidly entertaining set list reaching back to their first album. the stage props are just technically advanced enough to not appear foolish. in fact, at the end of flight of icarus, the 3 story winged character drops to the earth and it is fantastic and truly memorable.
bruce dickenson still has impressive range and energy even if some of the other guys are starting to resemble eddie himself.

even leaving the largest show i have ever been to at riverbend was suspiciously easy. it took me longer to walk to my car then get out and on the road. they must've have figured some things out or i got lucky.

*the one drawback was, even outside, i was choking on smoke. i bet 8,000 people were smoking cigs, weed or vaping. not much of a breeze that night to move it along, other than the WINDS OF HELL CRACKING THROUGH THE EARTH'S CRUST, of course.

bongo hard or bongo home

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
Re: IRON MAIDEN at riverbend and a town near you
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »

they are on my bucket list! hoping for a detroit stop later in the tour.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »

I saw a guy at Kroger today wearing the 2019 tour T-shirt, so he obviously was at Riverbend.

Never figured out Iron Maiden. I know their appeal is massive, but it's just not my thing, I suppose.

Twenty, what was the attendance like at Riverbend? just curious
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »

i didn't see a final tally but i heard it was over 15,000.....
bongo hard or bongo home

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 08:44:49 AM »

Thanks for the show recap, TS!

My friend and coworker Sam Greene got to shoot the show for Cincinnati.com and said it was absolutely his most favorite photo shoot ever (and he's the guy who took the memorable photo of Reds pitcher Amir Garrett taking on the entire Pirates team)!

Here's a link to the Iron Maiden photo gallery
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 01:14:02 PM »

Fantastic!
The Greg went to their show here in Atlanta last month, missing my Mom's 70th birthday because of it.
But, neither my dad nor my brother would get mad at him for it. "It's Maiden!"
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 10:57:48 PM »

My friend and coworker Sam Greene got to shoot the show for Cincinnati.com and said it was absolutely his most favorite photo shoot ever (and he's the guy who took the memorable photo of Reds pitcher Amir Garrett taking on the entire Pirates team)!

Props to him. That was an AMAZING picture
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:14:23 PM »

indeed....as epic as puig battling the pirates by himself too.......

as for his maiden photos, those are some good shots but by omission, it almost feels like he isn't spoiling some great things about the show (some of the props and guests)!
bongo hard or bongo home

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 09:25:26 AM »

I'm guessing he was only allowed to shoot so many songs, or so many minutes. There is usually some sort of stipulation on professional shoots of live shows. I'll ask him next time I see him.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 10:48:18 PM »

I'm guessing he was only allowed to shoot so many songs, or so many minutes. There is usually some sort of stipulation on professional shoots of live shows. I'll ask him next time I see him.
Exactly, typically professional shoots are allowed only in the first 3 or 4 songs of the show.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 02:53:42 PM »

Adrian Smith is a good tennis player.  Looks like at least a solid 4, maybe 4.5.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 12:31:58 AM »

Exactly, typically professional shoots are allowed only in the first 3 or 4 songs of the show.

i had no idea. but it makes sense.

Adrian Smith is a good tennis player.  Looks like at least a solid 4, maybe 4.5.

is 4.5 good?
bongo hard or bongo home
Pages: [1]   Go Up