News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Leggy  (Read 13428 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Leggy
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »

I know euro doesn't care for the side project.  But Hateflirt plays Urban Artifact on April 2.  I'm on vacation that week so I may go.  I've never seen them before.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2018, 12:05:37 AM »

I know euro doesn't care for the side project.  But Hateflirt plays Urban Artifact on April 2.  I'm on vacation that week so I may go.  I've never seen them before.
Actually, I've seen Hateflirt recently, and they are MILES better than in their early days. Not sure that I will be at that gig, but I think you mat enjoy them.

And hey, come join me at the gig tomorrow nite, Drjohn! I think it's going to be a great evening, I'm excited to see all 3 bands
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »

I'm leaning towards going tonight. I just have to find a decent beer. BoyToy is good too.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »

Actually, I've seen Hateflirt recently, and they are MILES better than in their early days. Not sure that I will be at that gig, but I think you mat enjoy them.

And hey, come join me at the gig tomorrow nite, Drjohn! I think it's going to be a great evening, I'm excited to see all 3 bands

Unfortunately, can't make it tonight.  But I haven't seen a show since November so the withdrawal symptoms are setting in.  I'll have to see one soon.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »

I have to say, the Leggy/Boytoy doubleheader (with Mardou opening) at Urban Artifact was one of the best shows I've been to in a loooooong time.

So much so, that I just had to do it again last night in Columbus. Not quite as good as at UA, but still very much worth the drive to Cbus.

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2018, 03:01:55 PM »

The April issue of Cincinnati Magazine is called The Music Issue. If you are a subscriber (like I am), you probably just got it in the mail.

For the rest of you: The National is on the cover. Tons of great articles, 25 pages in total, including on history, festivals, non-ticketed and ticketed venues, record stores, institutions, and profiling some artists. Bootsy Collins. Chuck Cleaver. And you may have heard of this band:

http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/features/the-female-fronted-punk-band-leggy-is-our-next-big-musical-export/​

(The print version is a lot cooler actually, but oh well...)

I heard somewhere that there are actually 2 different covers, one is the National (which I have gotten), and the other is Walk the Moon.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:07:25 PM by euro60 »

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2018, 09:43:39 AM »

The April issue of Cincinnati Magazine is called The Music Issue. If you are a subscriber (like I am), you probably just got it in the mail.

For the rest of you: The National is on the cover. Tons of great articles, 25 pages in total, including on history, festivals, non-ticketed and ticketed venues, record stores, institutions, and profiling some artists. Bootsy Collins. Chuck Cleaver. And you may have heard of this band:

http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/features/the-female-fronted-punk-band-leggy-is-our-next-big-musical-export/​

I heard somewhere that there are actually 2 different covers, one is the National (which I have gotten), and the other is Walk the Moon.

I read this over the weekend!  You have to be so proud. Really cool feature. Is your daughter the bassist?

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2018, 10:03:31 AM »

Very cool!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2018, 01:00:23 PM »

FYI "page not found"

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »

Try this Dan:
http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/features/the-female-fronted-punk-band-leggy-is-our-next-big-musical-export/

I know it appears to be the same link but it should work. 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2018, 02:55:27 PM »

I read this over the weekend!  You have to be so proud. Really cool feature. Is your daughter the bassist?
No, my daughter is the singer-guitarist. The girl with the 'blue' hair in the picture.

As an aside, Leggy is playing an early set (6:30 pm) tomorrow Friday 4/27 at the Vikings Lounge in OtR (1355 Walnut). Not sure why this is so early, but whatever.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »

No, my daughter is the singer-guitarist. The girl with the 'blue' hair in the picture.

As an aside, Leggy is playing an early set (6:30 pm) tomorrow Friday 4/27 at the Vikings Lounge in OtR (1355 Walnut). Not sure why this is so early, but whatever.

Might see you there if you are going, Euro. I think it's early because tomorrow is Final Friday and stuff starts early.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2018, 05:45:26 PM »

MK, I am definitely going, so perhaps I will see you there.

According to Viking Lounge, "stuff" is happening from 5 to 8 pm, with Leggy playing at 6:30.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh9TTeBB5fn/

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2018, 10:39:49 PM »

Great seeing you at today's gig, MK  8)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2018, 11:47:09 PM »

Great seeing you at today's gig, MK  8)

You too! Thanks for mentioning the show here on the boards - I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up