Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Leggy  (Read 4106 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Leggy
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 01:59:52 PM »

Leggy just got back from Tennessee, Texas and Oklahoma, and the next shows are just around the corner. For us locals here in Cincinnati, besides gigs at The Comet and Tacocracy, there is one particular great opportunity coming up:

Coleen Green, Upset, Leggy
 Sunday, April 12, 2015  9:00 pm
 The Woodward Theater
 Doors at 8:00PM, Show at 9:00PM
 Ages 21+
 $6 advance, $8 day of show

Leggy plays first, which is awesome for me (ol' guy). My daughter tells me that Coleen Green and Upset are both very good. By the way, Upset is former Vivian Girls and Best Coast drummer with ex-Hole drummer Patty Schemel.

Other upcoming dates:

3/22 @ Haymarket (Louisville, KY) w/ Ted Tyro

3/23 @ Springwater Supper Club (Nashville, TN)

3/24 @ The Comet w/ Swim Team, Mexican Slang (Toronto)

3/28 @ Tacocracy w/ Earth Girls (CHI), Vacation

4/12 @ Woodward Theater w/ Colleen Green (LA) + Upset (LA)

4/17 @ The Big House (Bloomington, IN) w/ Slushy (CHI) + The Chives

4/18 @ House Show (Bowling Green, OH) w/ Slushy (CHI)

4/19 @ Best Friend Bar (Lexington, KY) w/ Slushy (CHI)

5/22 @ Ace of Cups (Columbus, OH) w/ Chain and The Gang (DC)

The new EP "Nice Try" is getting some nice attention on internet. If you haven't heard it yet, check it out: http://leggy.bandcamp.com/  (Physical CDs of the EP are now available at their shows.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:02:38 PM by euro60 »
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »

If it wasn't for TV on the Radio playing in Columbus on May 15th I'd be at Northside Tavern.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 11:37:23 PM »

If it wasn't for TV on the Radio playing in Columbus on May 15th I'd be at Northside Tavern.
Yea, that's not on the list (as I just heard about it myself) but as it happens, I plan on being there (as well as the Woodward on April 12).
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:15 PM »

Ahead of the month-long tour coming up in July (going all the way out to the West Coast--more details later), here some shows coming up, mostly local but a few out of town too:

June 9 @ Tacocracy with Malportado Kids, Pet Sun, Katherine, Army of Infants, Nanny

June 10 @ Pittsbugh with DERIDER, Honeyblood, Enney

June 11 @ Union Pool (Brooklyn)- Pancakes and Whiskey' showcase for Northside Festival

June 14 @ OK house with Street Eaters, Brenda's Friend, Polish Slug

June 24@ Northside Yacht Club with IAN, Kal Marks, Blessin'

June 27 @ Northside Tavern for Northside Music Festival

July 4 @ Urban Artifact

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 01:22:46 PM »

The Leggy-van is going to pile up some serious miles in July... WEST COAST TOUR

July 4 - Cincinnati OH @ Urban Artifact
 July 5 - St. Louis MO @ Foam
 July 6 - Fayetteville AK @ Lala Land
 July 7 - Oklahoma City OK @ House Show
 July 8 - Denton TX @ Rubber Gloves
 July 9 - Amarillo TX @ Leftwoods
 July 10 - Santa Fe NM @ Hickox House
 July 11 - Phoenix AZ @ Trunk Space
 July 12 - San Diego CA @ Tower Bar
 July 13- Los Angeles CA @ Gal Palace
 July 15 - Fullerton CA @ Continental Room
 July 16 - Echo Park CA @ Lot 1
 July 17 - LA @ KLXU session
 July 18 - East LA @ Rogie's House
 July 20 - Oakland CA @ House Show
 July 21 - Reno NV @ Monolith
 July 22 - Salt Lake City UT @ Diabolical Records
 July 23 - Denver CO @ UNDERGROUND MUSIC SHOWCASE
 July 24 - Wichita KS @ Kirby's Beer Store
 July 25 - Tulsa OK @ wink emoticon
 July 26 - Lawrence KS @ Taproom
 July 27 - Kansas City KS @ Union
 July 28 - Omaha NE @ O'leavers
 July 29 - Des Moines IA @ Vaudeville Mews
 July 30 - Chicago IL @ TBA
 July 31 - Columbus OH @ TBA
 Aug 1 - Pittsburgh PA @ Brillobox for The First Annual Estate Party
 Aug 7 - Cincinnati OH @ Fountain Square

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 03:08:56 PM »

Thank you CityBeat for the blurb on Leggy's West Coast tour!

http://citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-33005-local_bands_road_tripping_this_summer.html

virgil p colon

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »

I saw Leggy play last night at Diabolical Records in Salt Lake City. They blew threw about ten songs with great ferocity, my ears are still ringing. They sounded so good live and Veronique's voice is for real. I think the highlight of their set was watching the drummer play. He's pretty badass behind the kit.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 05:35:25 PM »

I saw Leggy play last night at Diabolical Records in Salt Lake City. They blew threw about ten songs with great ferocity, my ears are still ringing. They sounded so good live and Veronique's voice is for real. I think the highlight of their set was watching the drummer play. He's pretty badass behind the kit.
Glad to hear you enjoyed their set!

Chris (the drummer) is pretty awesome indeed.

They are "rounding third". Not quite "heading for home" just yet (5 more shows and cities to go on this tour).

Veronique texted me that they shot a music video in LA (for their song "Peach"). Not sure when that will be unleashed upon the world.

All that aside, I'm pretty sure they are having the time of their lives.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:37:45 PM by euro60 »

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 05:46:49 PM »

Please post the video! I would love to watch it sometime.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »

HONEYSPIDERS//FAUX FEROCIOUS (TN)//LEGGY - NSYC - 8/14

Any idea on the timing of this show? I'd like to go but I couldn't get there til about 10.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 01:35:54 AM »

Leggy played at 10:30... great set, and the sound was much better than last weekend at Fountain Square.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 02:42:18 AM »

Sorry, I was unmotivated tonight.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 10:47:13 AM »

So last week, my daughter casually tells me that the two Leggy EPs are on Amazon, and have been for months. I never knew!

If anyone is inclined to make a couple of comments on Amazon, by all means do! It'd be much appreciated.

http://www.amazon.com/Nice-Try-Leggy/dp/B00V2SSPVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1439821418&sr=1-1&keywords=leggy+nice+try

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 02:02:42 PM »

CityBeat's official guide to MPMF contains a ton of information on the bands in the line-up

http://citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-33577-mpmf15_schedule_friday_sept_25.html

Here is what they have to say about Leggy:

MOTR

9:30 p.m. Leggy (Cincinnati)

Indie Rock/Garage Pop

When Veronique Allaer didnít die from a fall off a three-story building two years ago, she picked up her long-neglected guitar and started Leggy. Seems like a logical choice, particularly when she included best friend/bass master Kirstin Bladh and hammer-to-anvil drum-killer Chris Campbell. For its fresh efforts, Leggy was nominated for a Best New Artist Cincinnati Entertainment Award earlier this year. Not long after, the trio dropped a new six-song EP, the stellar Nice Try, a fittingly effervescent companion piece to Leggyís infectious 2014 debut, Cavity Castle, both recorded and mixed by John Hoffman and Jerri Queen (of Tweens and Vacation). Flush the Xanax and skip the daddy-didnít-love-me-enough therapy session; if you want to feel good/better/best, get yourself some Leggy.

YDIIYD: Lana Del Ray fronts The Vines for St. Vincentís garage-warming party.

Only 10 more days to go!!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 03:35:55 PM »

Upcoming dates on the "No Coast = Best Coast" Tour:

Oct 15 = Cincinnati OH @ MOTR with Grifters
 Oct 21= Iowa City, IA @ Gabes
 Oct 22= Omaha, NE @ O'Leaver's
 Oct 23 = Wichita, KS @ Fairview Palace
 Oct 24 = Oklahoma City, OK @ HiLo
 Oct 25 = Tulsa, OK @ Soundpony Bar
 Oct 26 = Springfield, MO @ Sprout House
 Oct 27 = Bloomington, IN @ Crush Grove
 Oct 29 = Cincinnati, OH Northside Yacht Club

I should be at the MOTR gig on Thursday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up