Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Leggy  (Read 14777 times)

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
Re: Leggy
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2018, 09:00:31 PM »

Leggy is headlining at MOTR this coming Friday. Come join me if you'd like! Good time are guaranteed for all. I will be officially in vacation mode as I'm off to Belgium the next day, so watch out!

http://motrpub.com/index.php/event/fri-824-leggy/
That's a money back guarantee . . . if you aren't 100% satisfied with the show, Euro will refund your entire entrance fee.

well, damn. money back guarantee? i might have to think about taking a trip to cincy!

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »

Uh, are you aware how easy it will be for euro to honor the money back guarantee?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2018, 11:22:30 PM »

DrJohn, please join me on Friday!

I am actually going to the StX football game that evening at PBS, heading over to MOTR after that is over. Should be about 10 pm or so. Leggy plays last.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »

DrJohn, please join me on Friday!

I am actually going to the StX football game that evening at PBS, heading over to MOTR after that is over. Should be about 10 pm or so. Leggy plays last.

To paraphrase Ben Franklin, I can't guarantee anything but death and taxes, but I'll make it if I can.  If not, have a fun night and a safe and fun trip across the pond.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2018, 02:06:56 PM »

I may stop by but no guarantees. We usually go to the pub on Saturday mornings for the football at 7:30 a.m. and at my age I need all the beauty sleep I can get. Heh.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »

As previously indicated in this thread, Leggy will be playing this year's Cropped Out Festival in Louisville.  The date and time of their set are now confirmed on the festival's schedule.

http://www.croppedoutmusic.com/

Leggy will play from 3:25 PM to 3:50 PM on Friday October 5, the first day of the two day festival.  They are playing on one of the two bigger stages, which is nice--the smaller two tend to get cramped.

I started a separate thread on this year's fest. I'll post more about it there.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2018, 10:32:06 AM »

Upcoming tour dates:

9/29 Cincinnati OH at @the hub otr
9/30 Nashville TN at @the east room
10/1 Asheville NC at @static age records
10/2 Richmond VA at @ Cafe Astrology
10/3 Washington DC at @song by rddc
10/5 Louisville KY @ Cropped Out Festival
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »

According to Olivia Jean's website, Leggy will be opening for her when she plays at the Southgate House Revival on October 12.  I'm going to try to make it to that show.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2019, 02:50:17 PM »

Big news in the Leggy-Verse:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqjCFmla7J/

Extensive touring to be expected throughout 2019, starting with these dates:

1/22 Pittsburgh : Daddy Issues / Leggy / Space Buns Forever at Roboto
1/23 Brooklyn : Daddy Issues / Leggy / Desert Sharks at Baby's All Right
1/24 Boston : Daddy Issues / Leggy at ONCE Ballroom
1/26 Philadelphia : Daddy Issues / Leggy / Tate at PhilaMOCA
1/27 Washington DC : Daddy Issues | Leggy at Songbyrd
1/28 Durham NC : Daddy Issues / Leggy at The Pinhook

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2019, 11:03:17 PM »

Leggy just released 2nd new song for the upcoming album "Let Me Know Your Moon", out in early March

https://www.stereogum.com/2032263/leggy-taffy/music/

To be honest, I wasn't a fan at all of the 1st new song "Eden". but "Taffy" hits the 'classic' Leggy sound just perfectly. Enjoy!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2019, 01:27:00 PM »

Leggy's second album Let Me Know Your Moon is out THIS FRIDAY March 8 on Sheer Luck Records. A great excuse for throwing a "record release" bash at MOTR, before the band is off to SXSW. Feel free to stop by on Friday at MOTR and BAM! me on the head.

3/8 Cincinnati at @motrpub
3/9 Memphis at @lamplighterloungememphis 👽
3/11 Fayetteville at Backspace Bar👾
3/12 Dallas at Foreplay Fest !! 🌸🙅🏼♀️💋

▶️▶️▶️ @sxsw in AUSTIN BABY!! ◀️◀️◀️
3/13 Nochebuena iii at Stay Gold 11 pm
3/14 High Noon @onwardindiantouring showcase at @the.electric.church 3:20 pm
3/14 @thegreyestates @newprofessormusic showcase at @hitwatx 7pm
3/15 @howdygalsatx @masmusicrecords Haus Of Venus showcase at 1400 Oltorf St W, 6:30 pm
3/16 @barfwave showcase at 2610 Guadalupe St, 1:30pm

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 01:28:37 PM by euro60 »

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »

I'll be at SXSW this year - will try to catch them at one of these shows. Thanks for posting.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2019, 10:35:06 PM »

MK, I am told (by my daughter) that they have more SXSW gigs to be announced.... I'll post as I get them

As an aside, my daughter has encouraged me to attend SXSW, and I've politely declined. SXSW seem overwhelming to me... Too many people, too much going on. But glad to hear you are going.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »

I've always wanted to go, but it took Mike Taylor (from WOXY) chewing on me to finally force a commitment. I'll be staying with him and his wife and we've got "resident wristbands" (which are cheapcheapcheap) that give us primary entry to music events and secondary entry to all comedy events.

We've been busy making our lists and are focused on seeing artists we normally wouldn't be able to see, like smaller UK/European/Aussie bands. But we'd like to see a few Cincy acts too, just as a show of support.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #179 on: March 07, 2019, 03:56:33 PM »

If you're going to go SXSW, sounds to me you have found the right way to do so.

Tell WOXY Mike I said hello!

Updated list of Leggy SXSW gigs:

Wednesday
3/13 6131 Records showcase at Scholtz Garten 2 pm
3/13 Spewfest by Cold Lunch Recordings at The Big Easy 8:35 PM
3/13 Nochebueno @outerorbitbooking and Cigar City Management at Stay Gold 11:20 pm

Thursday
3/14 High Noon / ONE ardindiantouring Showcase at The Electric Church at 3:20pm
3/14 @thegreyestates and New Professor Showcase at Hole In The Wall at 7:00 pm
3/14 Sellers Underground showcase 9:20 pm

Friday
3/15 Haus of Venus // Howdy Gals // @mad musicrecords showcase at Lakehaus 1400 Oltorf St W, 6:30 pm

Saturday
3/16 Barf Wave Records at 2610 Guadalupe St at 1:30 pm

You might also want to check out this particular gig on 3/13, showcasing the bands on the (British) Damnably label:

https://www.facebook.com/events/348957172498297/

I've seen Say Sue Me (from Korea) and Otoboke Beaver (from Japan) when they toured in the UK with Leggy last year. Loved'em!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up