Oct 21= Iowa City, IA @ Gabes
 Oct 22= Omaha, NE @ O'Leaver's
 Oct 23 = Wichita, KS @ Fairview Palace
 Oct 24 = Oklahoma City, OK @ HiLo
 Oct 25 = Tulsa, OK @ Soundpony Bar
 Oct 26 = Springfield, MO @ Sprout House
 Oct 27 = Bloomington, IN @ Crush Grove
 Oct 29 = Cincinnati, OH Northside Yacht Club

I should be at the MOTR gig on Thursday.

TayFo, the 11/28 MOTR show is not part of the "No Coast = Best Coast" tour...

Plus I'm quite certain that I'm out of town on 11/28.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Leggy
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 08:51:41 PM »

Upcoming dates on the "No Coast = Best Coast" Tour:

Oct 15 = Cincinnati OH @ MOTR with Grifters
 Oct 21= Iowa City, IA @ Gabes
 Oct 22= Omaha, NE @ O'Leaver's
 Oct 23 = Wichita, KS @ Fairview Palace
 Oct 24 = Oklahoma City, OK @ HiLo
 Oct 25 = Tulsa, OK @ Soundpony Bar
 Oct 26 = Springfield, MO @ Sprout House
 Oct 27 = Bloomington, IN @ Crush Grove
 Oct 29 = Cincinnati, OH Northside Yacht Club

I should be at the MOTR gig on Thursday.

TayFo, the 11/28 MOTR show is not part of the "No Coast = Best Coast" tour...

Plus I'm quite certain that I'm out of town on 11/28.
You're right. That would be the "Beast Coaster" tour.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »

Ha! I'll sure to be passing on to my daughter!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »

Earlier this afternoon on Trash Flow Radio, Ken played a Hateflirt track and talked about euro 60's daughter's participation in both that band and Leggy.  I think he also mentioned an upcoming Leggy gig, though I can't be sure as I was driving and attempting to dodge a vehicle driven by a less-than-skilled fellow motorist.  Good man that Ken, supporting and promoting local musicians in addition to national-level acts.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 11:40:22 PM »

thanks for passing that along, DrJohn. I love my daughter (obviously) but I can't get into the Hateflirt stuff at all... I love the Leggy stuff, though.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »

Trash Flow Radio's Facebook page has links to download the show.  If you're interested, I would do it soon because I don't think the links are posted indefinitely.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 09:50:58 PM »

I can't get into the Hateflirt stuff at all... I love the Leggy stuff, though.
I just saw them at Adjust Your Eyes. I'm glad you said it so I don't have to.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:40 PM »

I can't get into the Hateflirt stuff at all... I love the Leggy stuff, though.
I just saw them at Adjust Your Eyes. I'm glad you said it so I don't have to.
Ha! well. glad I said it for you. Not sure what my daughter's thinking is, although I do know it's really just a side-project, and the major focus is on Leggy (thankfully).

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2015, 11:56:34 AM »

Leggy video for "Peach" (shot in downtown LA some months ago):

https://vimeo.com/147657154

They are currently on tour again, winding up a very busy year.

Last remaining dates for 2015:

Dec 4 = Lawrence, KS @ Replay Lounge *
Dec 5 = Columbia, MO @ Cafe Berlin *^
Dec 6 = Springfield, MO @ Front of House Lounge*^
Dec 7 = St. Louis, MO @ Foam*
*= w/ Arc Flash
^= w/ Psychic Heat

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »

Next Saturday, December 12, 2015, Leggy will be playing live in the studio on the Trash Flow Radio program on WAIF 88.3 FM Cincinnati.  The show is on from 3 PM to 5 PM.  I don't know when Ken expects them to play during the show but the entire show is worth listening to.  For non-Cincinnati area residents, streaming is available at www.waif883.org.

Please make proud papa euro60 happy by tuning in.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2015, 12:10:37 AM »

Next Saturday, December 12, 2015, Leggy will be playing live in the studio on the Trash Flow Radio program on WAIF 88.3 FM Cincinnati.  The show is on from 3 PM to 5 PM.  I don't know when Ken expects them to play during the show but the entire show is worth listening to.  For non-Cincinnati area residents, streaming is available at www.waif883.org.

Please make proud papa euro60 happy by tuning in.
Ha! thanks Drjohn for this. I wasn't even aware of this.

As it happens, I've been listening to WAIF a lot lately. I totally love their 'off-center' music programming

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2015, 12:12:59 AM »

The WAIF experience today was the bomb! I texted my daughter whether she wouldn't mind if I came along just for the heck of it. She didn't.

So I showed up at 3 pm this afternoon. We came into the studio, and Leggy started setting up. Technical problems ensued. Meanwhile, Trash Flow Radio host Ken kept the songs going on air. Finally at 4:15 pm, everything was ready. I was in the next door studio, which has a look-through window, and when Leggy started playing, it sounded terrible from where I was. Was Veronique's vocals even coming through? Nobody know for sure. Ken came over to me, and said, why don't you check in your car how it sounds. So I did, and in my car, it sounded just great.

Back to the studio. Leggy played about 7 or 8 songs, followed by an on-air interview by Ken.

Couple of things: I had been listening to WAIF on and off in recent months. But my appreciation for WAIF went to an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 after today. Not simply because they played Leggy. Ken played some amazing tunes before Leggy played, all on the fly. No corporate rock. It reminds me of how WOXY DJs used to play music. Whatever came to their mind and taste, on the spur of the moment.

I imagine that WOXY would've played Leggy a lot if WOXY was still around. But for now, we'll do with WAIF.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2015, 12:44:08 AM »

I heard the last two live songs they played while driving around on errands today.  The sound was fine.  And I must admit I liked the music.  Glad you liked the tunes Ken played.  I have to admit he's a better dj than I ever was even though we share the same general tastes in music. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2015, 09:04:01 PM »

Yesterday's Trash Flow Radio's show is now up for your listening pleasure, here the show's entire second hour:

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/e3a7ks

Leggy's segment starts at the 16 min. mark.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:06:08 PM by euro60 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up