News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Leggy  (Read 14439 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Leggy
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2016, 09:14:29 PM »

On May 10, Leggy is playing at The Thompson House, sandwiched in between headliner L.A. Witch and opener The Slippery Lips.  Assuming the venue is still in operation then, I hope Leggy doesn't emerge too scarred by the experience of playing there.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2016, 10:36:23 PM »

You are too funny, DrJohn... I hope so too. (And I will be there of course.)

But long before that, and in the very immediate future, Leggy is going on a long tour starting tomorrow:

-March 7 Nashville TN @ Drk Mttr *
 >>Leggy, Pet Sun, Mom and Dad, and Goth Babe

-March 8 Athens, GA @ Go Bar *
 >>Leggy (Cincinnati) + Pet Sun (Hamilton, Ontario)+ Really Sorry + Kwazymotto + 2

-March 9 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade *
 >> Leggy / Sharkmuffin / Pet Sun / Deadly Lo-Fi at The Masquerade

- March 10 Birmingham, AL @ Syndicate Lounge*
 >> Thelma and the Sleaze // Leggy // Pet Sun // The Old Paints

-March 11 Tallahassee, FL @ Shark Tank*
 >> 3/11/16 – Creepoid, Leggy, Pet Sun, Hodera, Sleeper Key at The Shark Tank

- March 12 Pensacola, FL @ Sluggo's*
 >> Leggy (Cincinnati), Pet Sun [Toronto]

- March 13 New Orleans, LA @ Saturn Bar*
 >> groovy vibey garage party feat. LEGGY • PET SUN • CASUAL BURN • SAFE WORD

- March 14 Houston, TX @ Satellite Bar*
 >> SXSW OVERFLOW WEEEEEDDDD!!! Narow Head Middle Child The Head Leggy Pet Sun

- March 15- 19 AUSTIN SXSW

- March 20 Dallas, TX @ Crown & Harp
 >> LEGGY/RAT RIOS/R!U!O!K! @ Crown & Harp!!!

- March 21 Fayetteville, AR @ LaLa Land
 >> Leggy @ Lalaland in Fayetteville, AR

- March 22 Little Rock, AR @ Whitewater Tavern #
 >> Leggy @ Whitewater Tavern in Little Rock, AR

- March 23 Tulsa, Ok @ Soundpony #
 >> Leggy @ Soundpony in Tulsa, OK

- March 24 Oklahoma City, OK @ Power House #
 >> Leggy @ Power House in Oklahoma City, OK

- March 25 Wichita, KS @ House Show #
 >> LEGGY (OH), ARC FLASH, FILIUS SOL, PALLET TOWN

- March 26 Lawrence, KS @ Replay #
 >> Moving Panoramas (TX) / Leggy (OH) / Arc Flash

- March 27 Omaha, NE @ Milk Run #
 >> Leggy // Arc Flash // Bien Fang // The Ridgways

-March 28 Sioux Falls, SD @ Total Drag #
 >> Leggy - Arc Flash - LIVE at Total Drag!

-March 29 Minneapolis, MN @ Hexagon Bar #
 >> Leggy, Arc Flash, France Camp, & Strange Relations at The Hex 3/29

-March 30 Madison, WI @ Williamson Magnetic #
 >> Proud Parents / Leggy (Cincinnati) / Arc Flash / Tippy

-March 31 Milwaukee, WI @ Riverwest Public House #
 >> Leggy // SinBad // Arc Flash // Fox Face

- April 2 Chicago, IL @ Eco #
 w/ Arc Flash, Lala Lala, Daisy Chains

* = on tour with Pet Sun
 # = on tour with Arc Flash
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »

Leggy is in the swing of things at SXSW. They're doing 7 shows there, of which 2 are an official SXSW showcase, and 5 are in places not officially sanctioned by SXSW (but happily organizing gigs while riding SXSW's coattails).

From what I'm hearing, it must be quite the insane but oh-so-enjoyable experience... Ah, to be young!!

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

Debut album "Leggy" is out April 29 on the British label Damnably.

Upcoming UK + Eire tour dates:

Tour dates:

04/14 Manchester @ Ruby Lounge w/ Shonen Knife
 04/15 Sheffield @ Audacious
 04/16 Birmingham @ O2 Academy w/ Shonen Knife
 04/17 London @ Dingwalls w/ Shonen Knife
 04/19 York @ Dusk
 04/20 Southampton @ Joiners w/ Shonen Knife
 04/21 Brighton @ The Haunt w/ Shonen Knife
 04/22 Guildford @ Boileroom w/ Shonen Knife
 04/23 Norwich @ Arts Centre W/ Shonen Knife
 04/24 Colchester @ Arts Centre w/ Shonen Knife
 04/25 London @ Brixton Windmill Album Launch Show
 04/26 Leeds @ Brudenell w/ Shonen Knife
 04/28 Edinburgh @ Summerhall w/ Shonen Knife
 04/29 Glasgow @ CCA w/ Shonen Knife
 04/30 Dublin @ Whelan’s w/ Shonen Knife
 05/01 Belfast @ Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival w/ Shonen Knife
 05/04 Liverpool @ Arts Club w/ Shonen Knife
 05/05 Nottingham @ Maze w/ Shonen Knife
 05/06 Leicester @ Musician w/ Shonen Knife
 05/07 Cardiff @ Clwb Ifor Bach w/ Chastity Belt
 05/08 Bristol @ Fleece w/ Shonen Knife & Wussy

More info:

http://www.stereogum.com/1868975/leggy-kick-the-habit-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2016, 08:29:59 PM »

The Joiners Pub
Nice!!
Opulence. I has it.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2016, 10:43:52 PM »

The Joiners Pub
Nice!!
I was going to reach out to you when I saw that Southampton was on the schedule. Any intel would be appreciated so I can share it with the girls.

To be honest, I think they are a bit over their heads right now. My daughter has been to the UK many times, in fact studied at Kings College for 5 months back in 2011, but this is a whole different ballgame. They'll be driving around on the tour to all these places. I am an experienced driver and, frankly, would be terrified at the idea of driving "UK style" a/k/a "on the wrong side of the road". And that's just one of their challenges. But obviously it's a great opportunity to advance their musical career.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2016, 01:27:25 PM »

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2016, 04:37:32 PM »

Ooo - Southampton and Brighton! :)

I love Chastity Belt's newest album. Leggy with them - great double bill!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »

The Joiners Pub
Nice!!
I was going to reach out to you when I saw that Southampton was on the schedule. Any intel would be appreciated so I can share it with the girls.

To be honest, I think they are a bit over their heads right now. My daughter has been to the UK many times, in fact studied at Kings College for 5 months back in 2011, but this is a whole different ballgame. They'll be driving around on the tour to all these places. I am an experienced driver and, frankly, would be terrified at the idea of driving "UK style" a/k/a "on the wrong side of the road". And that's just one of their challenges. But obviously it's a great opportunity to advance their musical career.
Old pub. Very old pub. Been doing concerts since the 60's and has featured some very big names along the way. (Radiohead, Manics, Oasis) I'm guessing a couple of hundred capacity. Respected venue. Near the Saints stadium in an area that used to be WELL dodgy but seems to have cleaned itself up somewhat. I have no idea who owns or who is running the place these days but it was always VERY accommodating for artists and punters alike when I was running the Virgin store in Southampton. There, Talking Heads or The Brook are probably the three best venues for a band like Leggy in the city.
Opulence. I has it.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2016, 09:55:23 PM »

Opening all of those dates for a solid, veteran band like Shonen Knife is a great opportunity for Leggy.  They stand to make a lot of fans across the pond.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2016, 10:34:12 PM »

Old pub. Very old pub. Been doing concerts since the 60's and has featured some very big names along the way. (Radiohead, Manics, Oasis) I'm guessing a couple of hundred capacity. Respected venue. Near the Saints stadium in an area that used to be WELL dodgy but seems to have cleaned itself up somewhat. I have no idea who owns or who is running the place these days but it was always VERY accommodating for artists and punters alike when I was running the Virgin store in Southampton. There, Talking Heads or The Brook are probably the three best venues for a band like Leggy in the city.
great intel, thank you. I will pass along to the girls.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2016, 10:42:06 PM »

Opening all of those dates for a solid, veteran band like Shonen Knife is a great opportunity for Leggy.  They stand to make a lot of fans across the pond.
Agreed.

By the way Trash Radio's Ken Katlin is the one who made the initial connection between Leggy and Damnably Records! Bless and love that guy.

I will be at a couple of the UK shows: April 25 in London (the album release party, although I have no idea how that is going to turn out, since nobody knows them in London), and the gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow when they open for Shonen Knife.

Whatever happens, it'll be an adventure for them (at times into the unknown). Ahh, to be young!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2016, 08:50:10 AM »

Agreed.

By the way Trash Radio's Ken Katlin is the one who made the initial connection between Leggy and Damnably Records! Bless and love that guy.

I will be at a couple of the UK shows: April 25 in London (the album release party, although I have no idea how that is going to turn out, since nobody knows them in London), and the gigs in Edinburgh and Glasgow when they open for Shonen Knife.

Whatever happens, it'll be an adventure for them (at times into the unknown). Ahh, to be young!

How exciting for them - and you too! Have fun and remember: You can sleep when you're dead. ;)
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2016, 11:42:36 AM »

On May 10, Leggy is playing at The Thompson House, sandwiched in between headliner L.A. Witch and opener The Slippery Lips.  Assuming the venue is still in operation then, I hope Leggy doesn't emerge too scarred by the experience of playing there.

..and on the very next day, May 11, Leggy will be playing at Ace Of Cups in Columbus, after Brat Curse and before headliner Corners.  At least according to the AofC website...

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »

Meanwhile, sporadic reports I'm getting indicate that the UK tour is going well. The CD apparently is selling very well at shows.

The Leggy girls are currently in Southampton and terrorizing the neighborhood. I hope those local Christian boys have been locked up and shielded accordingly ;-)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up