News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Leggy  (Read 6973 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: Leggy
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »

Speaking of gigs that many may not be aware of, Calvin Johnson is doing at free show at Black Plastic Records in OTR on Tuesday (May 1), starting at at 7:00 PM sharp, they say.  Although free, donations are encouraged.  I have a hectic week at work but I'm going to try to be there.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2018, 04:28:27 PM »

WHOA!? REALLY!? Damn, he and I used to be pen pals BITD. I'm sure he wouldn't remember (it was like, late 80s when he was doing K Records/Some Velvet Sidewalk) but I think I may wander over and say 'hi.' I had no idea he was still making music. <3

thanks for the heads up DrJ!
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2018, 11:36:45 AM »

Calvin Johnson!

I saw Dub Narcotic Sound System in 1998 at Ripleys Alive! He actually said to the audience, "this is the last time everyone in this room will ever be in a room together." Not that deep, but to my impressionable mind I loved it. I have thought that same thought often, about subway cars, movie theaters, whatever.

He actually followed that thought with "At least not until we reach that great big Ripley's in the sky." Shortly after that....Ripley's closed and turned into a Chipotle.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2018, 09:59:01 PM »

WHOA!? REALLY!? Damn, he and I used to be pen pals BITD. I'm sure he wouldn't remember (it was like, late 80s when he was doing K Records/Some Velvet Sidewalk) but I think I may wander over and say 'hi.' I had no idea he was still making music. <3

If I go I'll be wearing my The Paranoid Style (it's the name of a band) t-shirt.  Hope to see you there!
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2018, 09:45:15 AM »

If I go I'll be wearing my The Paranoid Style (it's the name of a band) t-shirt.  Hope to see you there!

Hoping to swing by - if I do I will say hey. Be nice to meet you in "real life."
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »

As euro probably knows already, Leggy will play at this year's Cropped Out Festival (see separate thread I started) in Louisville.  Euro, do you know if Leggy will be playing on October 5 or 6?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2018, 06:06:16 PM »

As euro probably knows already, Leggy will play at this year's Cropped Out Festival (see separate thread I started) in Louisville.  Euro, do you know if Leggy will be playing on October 5 or 6?
Yes, my daughter mentioned it to me a while back. They are excited to be on the Cropped Out bill.

I don't know what day they are on, but when I do I'll let you know.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

Yes, my daughter mentioned it to me a while back. They are excited to be on the Cropped Out bill.

I don't know what day they are on, but when I do I'll let you know.

They have every reason to be excited.  It's a very well run festival.   I've never heard anything but praise from any act that's played there.  That's probably because the guy who puts it on is in a band himself and knows the importance of minimizing hassles. 

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2018, 02:36:47 PM »

Couple of upcoming local gigs:

Friday 6/15 (music starts at 10 pm)
Northside Tavern
Leggy
Dana

Wednesday 7/4
Northside Rock 'n' Roll Carnival
list of all bands playing: https://www.facebook.com/northsiderocks/
Leggy plays at 5:30 pm
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2018, 12:11:09 AM »

Great catching up with TayFo at yesterday's gig at the Northside Tavern

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2018, 02:04:45 PM »

Donít know what to do with yourself resulting from the short break in the World Cup tomorrow?

Northside to the rescue! The annual Northside Rock Ďní Roll Carnival returns, starting with a parade and then an afternoon and evening filled with great music, food and drink. It all happens at Jacob Hoffer Park (corner of Hamilton and Blue Rock). Leggy hits the stage at 5:45 pm. Full schedule for tomorrow:

--Main Stage:
End of parade -> 2:00-2:40pm: Triiibe
4:30-5:10 pm: BAOKU
5:45-6:20 pm: Leggy
7:00-7:40 pm: smut
8:00-8:40 pm: Marcus Alan Ward (CLE)
9:10-10pm: Lauren Elyise (Full band)

--Side Stage:
3:00-3:30pm WordPlay Cincy
4:00-4:30pm: The Almost Infinite
5:00-5:30pm: GRLwood (LOU)
6:30 pm: Knotts
7:40-8:10pm: SKRT (DAY)
8:40-9:10 pm: Oids

Happy birthday, America!

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2018, 09:18:46 AM »

euro, didn't know where to post this so you'd see it, so this seemed like the best place.

i play in a bar trivia league. we made the finals which were sunday, placed 7th!

there was a question: in what country is walloon used as a language?

there was some post where you explained the regional differences in belgium and the languages used. somehow i remembered your post and argued for belgium over spain, france, and portugal. so, thanks for all of that way back when!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:00 AM »

euro, didn't know where to post this so you'd see it, so this seemed like the best place.

i play in a bar trivia league. we made the finals which were sunday, placed 7th!

there was a question: in what country is walloon used as a language?

there was some post where you explained the regional differences in belgium and the languages used. somehow i remembered your post and argued for belgium over spain, france, and portugal. so, thanks for all of that way back when!
Good for you Notorious.

Just to be clear: "Walloon" is not an actual/official language. It's French, period. So in Wallonia, the southern region of Belgium, people speak French.

Just like "Flemish" is not an actual/official language. It's Dutch, period. So in Flanders, the northern region of Belgium, people speak Dutch.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2018, 01:23:00 AM »

Leggy is headlining at MOTR this coming Friday. Come join me if you'd like! Good time are guaranteed for all. I will be officially in vacation mode as I'm off to Belgium the next day, so watch out!

http://motrpub.com/index.php/event/fri-824-leggy/

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2018, 08:17:01 AM »

Leggy is headlining at MOTR this coming Friday. Come join me if you'd like! Good time are guaranteed for all. I will be officially in vacation mode as I'm off to Belgium the next day, so watch out!

http://motrpub.com/index.php/event/fri-824-leggy/
That's a money back guarantee . . . if you aren't 100% satisfied with the show, Euro will refund your entire entrance fee.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up