Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunbury 2015  (Read 5295 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Bunbury 2015
« on: December 08, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »

Major news, just announced:

We are happy to announce that PromoWest Productions is now the official owner of Bunbury Music Festival!

Bunbury is now scheduled for June 5-7, 2015 at Sawyer Point and Yeatman’s Cove in downtown Cincinnati. Future ticketing will be handled via Ticketmaster and all previously purchased tickets through ShowClix WILL be honored at the main festival gate. Additional pricing details can be found at www.bunburyfestival.com

This year’s lineup will be announced in February, so stay tuned for the latest buzz!

Isn't Promowest the owner of Lyfestyle Pavilion in Columbus?

I wonder why they moved the date up into June... I think this is the weekend just before Bonnaroo
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Bunbury 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »

More details... Kinda surprised that they are moving Buckle Up to Blue Ash (and skipping 2015). Sounds to me they are scaling back Bunbury to something smaller than what it was (and that local bands will have a tougher time to get on the schedule)...

The Bunbury Music Festival and Buckle Up Music Festival have some big news for us today! PromoWest Productions have announced that they purchased both festivals. Bill Donabedian, the founder of both festivals will continue to oversee operations. The announcement comes with a few changes of note to our readers:

1) Bunbury Music Festival's 2015 dates will now be June 5-7, 2015
The festival will remain on Cincinnati's beautiful riverfront at Sawyer Point and Yeatman's Cove. Tickets for the new dates are available on Ticketmaster.com. For those that purchased tickets via the former ticketing provider (showclix), your tickets will be honored at the gate. Should the new dates (moved from July 10-12) not work for your schedule you may receive a refund at the point of purchase.

2) 4 Stages in 2015
For the past three years the Bunbury Music Festival very ambitiously programmed six stages of music over three days/nights. While this created a great opportunity for young musicians and plenty of room to move around, the festival seemed to lack intimacy at times. PromoWest, known for their creative design of intimate concert venues in Columbus and Pittsburgh, have modified the festival layout to provide fans with a more intimate concert experience. The festival will now have two main stages and two side stages for better viewing and easier logistical flow for festival goers. 

3) Buckle Up Music Festival on hold until 2016
Last year we saw the debut of the Buckle Up Music Festival featuring The Band Perry, Willie Nelson, Alison Krauss, and Alabama. The festival drew close to 60,000 attendees and by all accounts was a glowing success. However, due to the timing of the purchase and construction of the new festival location (see below), it just wasn't feasible to bring back in 2015. "Country music is on fire right now and we are looking froward to booking the hottest performers", said Scott Stienecker, president and CEO of PromoWest Productions. Refunds for any tickets purchased for the 2015 festival will be refunded at their point of purchase.

4) Buckle Up Music Festival will now take place in Blue Ash
The festival will be relocated from Sawyer Point and Yeatman's Cove to the brand new Summit Park in Blue Ash, OH for 2016.  The 130 acre park is under construction right now and plans to draw over 750,000 visitors each year.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Juan Uribe is LORD

• Summer Resident
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:24:46 PM »

"PromoWest, known for their creative design of intimate concert venues in Columbus and Pittsburgh"

ahahhahaa no
The Life of Riley

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »

Prediction # 1:  Ticket prices to both Bunbury and Buckle will skyrocket, and not just due to Ticketmaster fee add-ons.

Prediction #2:  Booking will suffer when it comes to the variety of acts for both festivals.  Although I didn't think the 2014 Bunbury lineup was all that, to be honest.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »

As to your Predictions, I think it will depend on what direction they decide to go with the festival. If they are going to try and make this a Forecastle-clone, with A list headliners, then yes, prices will go up significantly. If on the other hand, it remains a festival of (at best) B list headliners, then hopefully not. Frankly, I'd rather they keep it a B list festival with lesser-known bands and correlating smaller crowds, but that's just me.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »

And the rich get richer, eh?  I'm guessing Donebedian skipped away from that deal with a briefcase full of Benjamins.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »

As to your Predictions, I think it will depend on what direction they decide to go with the festival. If they are going to try and make this a Forecastle-clone, with A list headliners, then yes, prices will go up significantly. If on the other hand, it remains a festival of (at best) B list headliners, then hopefully not. Frankly, I'd rather they keep it a B list festival with lesser-known bands and correlating smaller crowds, but that's just me.

Then I should clarify Prediction #1--ticket prices will go way up whichever direction is taken.  Hope I'm wrong.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 03:47:27 PM »

Hearing the lineup will be released 1/30. 

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »

To my knowledge, the lineup hasn't been released yet.  But www.pollstar.com lists Reverend Horton Heat on June 6.  Interesting.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 06:21:43 PM »

Yeah, the Rev gave that up a while ago. The rest have 9 more days.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 11:28:50 PM »

the full line-up will be release on the 26th, as Taylor indicated.

I'm not too hopeful to be honest. My biggest fun with Bunbury has been the "undercard" bands, not the headliners. Knowing that the new owners of the festival have already announced there will be fewer stages and fewer bands... that's not good.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 01:13:54 AM »

Tell you the truth Euro, I hardly ever went to the Ampitheatre or Lawn stages so it doesn't bother me none, but I can see how the locals may be disappointed . . . like maybe even Leggy.

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 11:15:56 AM »

I'm pretty encouraged based on the clues/rumors so far. Avett Brothers, Father John Misty, Shakey Graves, Beach House, etc. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/bunburyfestival

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »

I'm pretty encouraged based on the clues/rumors so far... Father John Misty

Now him I'd like to see. Maybe I should purchase a copy of his latest CD first so I can wave it at him and say "See?  I'm not trying to make you tour all year!"

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »

Today's hint is probably Royal Blood, which would be good.

I'm iffy on this year so far. Are they trying to give bands that would've played buckle up a shot too?

*sits firmly on the wait and see before purchasing a ticket bench*
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up