Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who is booking good shows @ thompson house?  (Read 458 times)

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
who is booking good shows @ thompson house?
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »

could you please book anywhere else?! i want to go to see many of your acts, but i will never enter that venue. i will miss fidlar! 

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: who is booking good shows @ thompson house?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:21:05 PM »

If I go to 11-14 The Mowglis / Lights / Phases I'll test to see if I still hold a grudge.

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »

ok, but i don't think i will ever be happy or comfy there

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »

If I go to 11-14 The Mowglis / Lights / Phases I'll test to see if I still hold a grudge.
That being on a Saturday night, I'll prob check it out. Haven't been to Thompson House in forever. I walk by there on occasion (when I catch a movie at the AMC Newport on the Levee), and the place seems like a ghost town to me. No idea how they manage to stay in business.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 10:36:33 PM »

could you please book anywhere else?! i want to go to see many of your acts, but i will never enter that venue. i will miss fidlar!
what "many of your acts" are you talking about, Suzy? I haven't been there in forever (because I don't see a lot of what they are booking to my liking).
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:04:02 PM »

They probably lucked out on the Freedy Johnston/Jeffrey Gaines show this Friday.  Since Ludlow Garage isn't ready yet, the gig had to be moved, and Freedy's manager was likely scrambling to find another place.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »

sorry to post and run yesterday, had to get to chuck proffit. you are right, i should have said "the few" shows since the changeover, there have been some reggae, punk and ska shows i would have done. i see a thread for southgate revival, i want spend more time there. if only there were more edgy, breaking acts to see. is anyone listening to kexp? it's 6 degrees of Greg Dulli

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 11:45:35 PM »

Kirt Lee #googleismagic
Pages: [1]   Go Up