Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunbury 2015  (Read 4152 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Bunbury 2015
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 10:59:29 PM »

Tell you the truth Euro, I hardly ever went to the Ampitheatre or Lawn stages so it doesn't bother me none, but I can see how the locals may be disappointed . . . like maybe even Leggy.
I hear ya TayFo, but I'm not talking local acts. What I was/am most interested in was discovering acts like Meg Myers, Little Daylight, Haerts; Dead Sara; Kishi Bashi; Caspian; Bad Suns and the like. Will those kinds of bands still be around in the "new style" Bunbury?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 02:00:24 AM »

Tell you the truth Euro, I hardly ever went to the Ampitheatre or Lawn stages so it doesn't bother me none, but I can see how the locals may be disappointed . . . like maybe even Leggy.
I hear ya TayFo, but I'm not talking local acts. What I was/am most interested in was discovering acts like Meg Myers, Little Daylight, Haerts; Dead Sara; Kishi Bashi; Caspian; Bad Suns and the like. Will those kinds of bands still be around in the "new style" Bunbury?
That's a great question. Meg Myers was the "winner" of last year's Bunbury in my book. I just saw Little Daylight last week and have been with Kishi since he opened a show for 200 people. The unknowns (not unlike MPMF) are some of my favorites. That said, none of them were on the lowest ranking stages . . . so I think there is still a lot of room for the national up and comers.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »

Agreed 100%: Meg Myers was THE SURPRISE of Bunbury 2014.

Meanwhile, a full year after her second EP, still no debut album out from her. What in the world is taking so long?

By the way, she is playing in Columbus on March 28 at the CD102.5 gig. I'd be there in a heartbeat but I'll be out of town...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 01:50:50 PM »

Agreed 100%: Meg Myers was THE SURPRISE of Bunbury 2014.

Meanwhile, a full year after her second EP, still no debut album out from her. What in the world is taking so long?

By the way, she is playing in Columbus on March 28 at the CD102.5 gig. I'd be there in a heartbeat but I'll be out of town...
I've kinda wondered that too. Seems she's due a debut. A couple of us tried to get CD102.5 tickets with no luck. Now they're on ebay for $60+. Fuckers.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »

Newest hints imply Royal Blood & Temples have been added to the line up.

"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 05:30:29 PM »

TEMPLES? Seriously? Holy cow, that would make my day. and then some. Make it a week  ;D

Edit:

It IS Temples! YESSSSSSSSSS. I am beyond excited. If you are into Temples, the clue given by Bunbury was all too obvious. Plus look at their upcoming touring schedule:

June 4: Detroit
June 5: GAPING HOLE
June 6: Cleveland

:::Does the happy dance::: la la la la la

I saw Temples most recently just 3 months ago in Antwerp, Belgium (by happenstance they played while I was there for a family visit). Fantastic show, OMG.

See you there on Friday June 5th
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:40:56 PM by euro60 »

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 09:07:27 PM »

Temples rocked it in Louisville in October. Really nice guys. They signed this geeky guy's cd.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 10:48:11 PM »

Temples rocked it in Louisville in October. Really nice guys. They signed this geeky guy's cd.
TayFo, I didn't know you were a Temples fan!

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »

Today's hint was Manchester Orchestra.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 11:26:17 PM »

Today's hint was Manchester Orchestra.
that's awesome. Love those guys

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »

They're doubling up the hints today, this morning's hint implied Matt & Kim have been added. Haven't seen the second hint yet.

Someone on reddit or FB said "It's better than Forecastle!" I am reserving judgement.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »

They're doubling up the hints today, this morning's hint implied Matt & Kim have been added. Haven't seen the second hint yet.
Well I'm doubling up on excitement. Believe it or not, I've never seen Matt & Kim.

PS: BLEACHERS!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:56:09 PM by TayFo »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 10:45:22 PM »

I've seen Matt & Kim a number of times over the years. Can't recall or hum a single tune from them but they are ALWAYS good for an entertaining set.

PS Just checked: last time I saw them was at the Corona festival in Mexico City a couple of years ago.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »

Walk the Moon is probably it for this morning's hint. The hint said that both of today's are "spacey".

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »

Walk the Moon is probably it for this morning's hint. The hint said that both of today's are "spacey".
probably? You can take it to the bank. That was the easiest/most obvious hint yet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up