Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunbury 2015  (Read 5300 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Bunbury 2015
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 05:40:40 PM »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 11:10:24 PM »

a pretty damn fine line-up for the $100 I paid (last July) in my humble opinion...

Tame Impala, Temples, WTM, Black Keys, Decemberists, Matt & Kim, Father John Misty, Secret Sisters, wow, nice!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 11:50:06 AM »

TBH, Temples was pretty damn easy too ;)

I'm not overwhelmed. The headliners are good and there are some gems in the lineup, but it's not worth it for me. I don't get the people on reddit saying it's better than Forecastle's line up -- it's not.

Would rather save my money and go to Sasquatch in May.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »

Old Crow Medicine Show?  What's next, The Flaming Lips at Buckle?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »

For me, this lineup blows Forecastle away. There is no one on the Forecastle lineup that I would be super excited about seeing. There are some acts I would like to see (First Aid Kit, Tallest Man on Earth, and the Cold War kids stand out), but nothing I HAVE to see. On the other hand, Bunbury has 4 acts I would gladly pay to see (Atmosphere, Matt and Kim, Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band, and Father John Misty) plus a few more acts I really want to see (Rev. Horton Heat, Walk the Moon and the Avett Brothers). This has probably been the best lineup for Bunbury yet for me.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »

For me, this lineup blows Forecastle away. There is no one on the Forecastle lineup that I would be super excited about seeing. There are some acts I would like to see, but nothing I HAVE to see.
I feel exactly the same way.

Now my biggest fear is that somehow certain of my must-see acts will be programmed at the exact same moment. When is the daily set schedule released?

TayFo, do you have anything on the new layout of the various stages? I guess they are simply doing away with the stages that were furthest east (where mostly local bans were playing)?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »

We'll agree to disagree then :) Forecastle has more bands that I want to see. I might pony up for a one day pass for the day the Black Keys headline and hope Royal Blood plays that day too, but not a weekend pass.

As for Old Crow, I stand by my theory that they didn't want to leave some potential buckle up acts out of coming here just because it's an off year for the festival.

"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 11:59:22 PM »

There are a bunch of bands on here I don't care for . . . a little crunchy for Bunbury. Old Crow, Avett Bros, Rev Peyton, Devil Makes 3, Secret Sisters, Shakey Graves, Kacey Musraves. Hell, even Catfish & the Bottle men should be included in the too crunchy list, but they actually sound pretty cool. I've loved The Rev Horton Heat for decades, but even he still seems weird on this list. (if no conflicts i'll still see him)

There might be something to not alienating the alt country crowd, but this leaves Bunbury with the identity crisis it almost got over last year. Unfortunately (perhaps of the late management switch) they seem to be trying to cater to everyone and pleasing no one . . . a sort of hodge podge grabbag of acts.

That doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. That makes less conflicts (i hope) for me. I'm not picky. Let me see Black Keys, Decemberists, Tame Impala, 21 Pilots, Walk The Moon, Matt & Kim, Lindsey Sterling, Bleachers, Royal Blood, Jessica Hernandez, Temples and I'll be happy.

Layout: The Cincinnatus Stage is gone. Be it a DJ stand or Acoustic stage people didn't care and kept walking. I think they'll keep the Amphitheater stage at the far eastern end. Although it a little far, it's still cool and opens up room for more vendors. Perhaps they could put acts most likely to draw from Sawyer Stage and back to the Amp Stage to keep that area filled. I hope they stop using Sawyer stage as 3rd stage and more as a Laydback Stage. Maybe put all the crunchy over there. Of course you have to keep the River Stage, but use it as the 3rd stage rockers. Rev Heat would look good down there. Anyone bigger would be too crowded. Finally I hope they keep the Main Stage were it was last year.

Lastly, anybody wanna go to a Murder By Death cave show in Louisville on June 5th? They HAD to move all the dates around? Anyway, that's my baggage.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2015, 12:17:56 AM »

I am praying that Matt and Kim will be on the river stage. Put them on Saturday night right before the headliner and they would absolutely tear that place down.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 11:03:01 PM »

A bunch of local bands added to the bill, including Wussy.

I asked my daughter why Leggy is not on there, and she told me she missed the deadline. Really? C'mon girl! How can you miss an opportunity like that!  :( :o

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 09:50:27 AM »

Interesting interview with Scott Stienecker, President of PromoWest (which acquired Bunbury last Fall), in yesterday's Pollstar:

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=817108

So if it gets to be super-crowded this year, they'll consider moving it next year to a larger space. God, I sure hope not to the Blue Ash Summit Park (where they're moving Buckle Up Fest next year). And I say this as a 20+ year resident of Blue Ash...

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 03:07:52 PM »

If anyone's interested in who's (most likely) playing what days:

FRIDAY
The Black Keys
Tame Impala
Temples
Walk The Moon
Father John Misty
Twenty One Pilots
Bleachers
Catfish and the Bottlemen

SATURDAY
The Avett Bros.
The Decemberists
Royal Blood
Mini Mansions
Reverend Horton Heat
Old Crow Medicine Show

SUNDAY
Snoop Dogg
Lil Dicky
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:42:45 PM by TayFo »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 04:19:25 PM »

I thought Snoop Dogg had changed his name to Snoop Lion?
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 10:50:37 PM »

I thought Snoop Dogg had changed his name to Snoop Lion?
That lasted for about, what, 3 months?

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2015, 10:06:45 PM »

If you haven't heard:

Friday, June 5:
The Black Keys
Tame Impala
Walk The Moon
Matt & Kim
Bleachers
Temples
Father John Misty
Royal Blood
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Mikky Ekko
Machineheart
Mini Mansions
Wussy
Kid Runner
Go Analog
Multimagic
Indigo Wild
Markham

Saturday, June 6:
The Avett Brothers
The Decemberists
Old Crow Medicine Show
Lindsey Stirling
Kacey Musgraves
The Devil Makes Three
Reverend Horton Heat
Jamestown Revival
The Secret Sisters
Genevieve
Graceful Closure
Motherfolk
Old Hundred
Bummers
Austin Plaine
Daniel In Stereo
Playing To Vapors
Zach Longoria Project

Sunday, June 7:
Snoop Dogg
Twenty One Pilots
Brand New
Atmosphere
Manchester Orchestra
Shakey Graves
The Front Bottoms
Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas
The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band
Lil Dicky
Buggs Tha Rocka
Lonesome As Gold
500 Miles To Memphis
Pluto Revolts

So 10 bands I'd see on Friday and only 4 or 5 on Saturday or Sunday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up