Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunbury 2015  (Read 5707 times)

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
Re: Bunbury 2015
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:18 AM »

I'm buying my Friday pass today.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »

If you haven't heard:

Friday, June 5:
The Black Keys
Tame Impala
Walk The Moon
Matt & Kim
Bleachers
Temples
Father John Misty
Royal Blood
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Mikky Ekko
Machineheart
Mini Mansions
Wussy
Kid Runner
Go Analog
Multimagic
Indigo Wild
Markham

Saturday, June 6:
The Avett Brothers
The Decemberists
Old Crow Medicine Show
Lindsey Stirling
Kacey Musgraves
The Devil Makes Three
Reverend Horton Heat
Jamestown Revival
The Secret Sisters
Genevieve
Graceful Closure
Motherfolk
Old Hundred
Bummers
Austin Plaine
Daniel In Stereo
Playing To Vapors
Zach Longoria Project

Sunday, June 7:
Snoop Dogg
Twenty One Pilots
Brand New
Atmosphere
Manchester Orchestra
Shakey Graves
The Front Bottoms
Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas
The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band
Lil Dicky
Buggs Tha Rocka
Lonesome As Gold
500 Miles To Memphis
Pluto Revolts

So 10 bands I'd see on Friday and only 4 or 5 on Saturday or Sunday.
Yea, the schedule is HEAVILY stacked in favor of Friday.

I'm going to be really disappointed/upset if, say, Temples and Tame Impala play at the same time.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2015, 01:08:25 AM »

They claiming two main stages . . . I assume the Far West Stage and P&G Pavilion. It would only be logical that there would be one main stage and one side stage going at the same time. So, cut the daily lineup in half (top to bottom) and you should be able to see all of that half.

Example (the following should all be able to be seen on Friday without conflict):
The Black Keys
Tame Impala
Walk The Moon
Matt & Kim
Bleachers
Temples
Father John Misty
Royal Blood
Catfish and the Bottlemen

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

Daily set times apparently have been announced (not sure how long this has been up already):

http://www.bunburyfestival.com/schedule-2015

Friday is finger-lickin' awesome. Best of all: no conflict between Temples-WTM-Tame Impala  8)

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »

Since this morning. I was hoping there would be no conflicts but sorry Catfish and Royal Blood. Saturday is going to be an early night and Sunday has a lot of free time, but all in all we should have fun.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2015, 11:31:41 PM »

Friday is going to be epic, the rest of the weekend, not so much

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2015, 11:35:48 PM »

I don't know why Brand New isn't pushed back a 1/2 hour to follow Atmosphere. Otherwise nobody is playing for a 1/2 hour except a DJ set. Sunday times make no sense. We'll bring a frisbee.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2015, 11:42:33 PM »

I'm disappointed that WTM and Royal Blood are scheduled against each other...

Hey can I play Frisbee with you on Sunday?

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »

I wonder if they are going to be adding some more acts towards the end of the day. It is just really odd scheduling as the later you go there are sometimes gaps. There is also a lot less acts on Sunday. Sunday only has 12 acts as compared to 18 on the other days.

Having the final 2 acts by themselves just means it is going to be way too crowded, which has been an issue in years past. I was hoping for more acts later int he day, not less. At least it mean Sunday will be an early ending for me since Atmosphere is the last thing I ma interested in.

I'm also curious as to where the fourth stage is going to be. Yeatman's cove is obviously the main stage. The river stage is the one at the bottom of serpentine wall. I'm guessing the Sawyer Point stage is the large at the center of Sawyer Point. But where exactly is the Pavilion stage? IS that the amphitheater stage on the far end of Sawyer Point? I like that stage but one of the downsides was that it was so far from everything else not a lot of people went to it. And take away the other stage in that area and I don't see making the walk down there much at all. But I can't see anywhere else they could put a decent sized stage.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 09:53:11 AM »

I concur about the odd scheduling.  A bigger outfit might now own the festival but bigger isn't always better.

Not really that enthused about this fest, truth to tell.  If I were going to attend, the one day I would go would be Saturday--good headliners and maybe some interesting acts earlier in the day.  I have tentative plans to go to Columbus that day to see an old buddy and take in a show with him there.  The problem is my teenage daughter is hell bent on seeing Twenty One Pilots.  I had her leaning against going on the promise I would take her to see another one of her faves this summer.  But a group of her friends is going and they've invited her to join them.  She has a chronic medical condition I don't care to go into here, and I don't think she will react well if it's blazing hot or raining.  I've also explained that it won't be like seeing We The Kings at a club--it will be a massive crowd and she might be far from the stage.  Of course, my wife thinks I should tag along to make sure she's OK, while I think the honor should go to her.  Good fucking God, decisions, decisions...
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2015, 10:33:31 AM »

The unopposed scheduling of the headliner acts is something that happens frequently at other festivals as well. Bonnaroo immediately comes to mind.

I agree that there should be more acts booked but don't count on additional bookings on Sunday. This is the schedule and this is it.

The River Stage seems like it will be criminally underused this year.

Drjohn, I saw Twenty One Pilots when they played Bunbury 2 years ago (I think), and already then there was a large crowd, even though they played a late afternoon time slot (and they were an immediate crowd favorite). People have been yelling on the Bunbury facebook page to bring them back, and here they are. I can assure you that there will be a MASSIVE crowd for this. Same story with Walk the Moon (Another crowd favorite from 2 years ago that people have been yelling about to bring them back.)

To me, it seems Friday is going to be epic. The rests of the weekend not so much. I'm happy that the festival is here, but things look still very much upin the air what direction this is going to take in the future.

Looking at the Bunbury website, all 3 day passes and VIP passes are sold out, but somehow you can still buy one day passes for all three days. That doesn't make sense to me but whatever.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »

FYI: The 4th stage is going to be by the Big Mac bridge according to the Bunbury app.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »

I'm disappointed that WTM and Royal Blood are scheduled against each other...

Hey can I play Frisbee with you on Sunday?

Royal Blood's set is shorter, I am starting there and will work my way over to WTM. But admittedly, I want to see Royal Blood more--WTM is here so often that it's not as big of  a draw for me.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »

With 3 day passes sold out, they are now selling prominently on Stubhub and other reseller sites. Prices on Stubhub star at $235 (plus fees) and go as high as $700, yes, for ONE three-day pass...

(I paid $100 for mine on the last day of last year's fest.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:13:59 PM by euro60 »

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »

(I paid $100 for mine on the last day of last year's fest.)
ditto and I doubt they'll be doing it again, but if they do I'm in.

Here's my schedule. I regret missing Catfish & the Bottlemen and Royal Blood . . . unless I get a clone. I'd check out Snoop if I didn't have the kid with me.

6-05 The Black Keys / Tame Impala / Walk The Moon / Matt & Kim / Bleachers / Temples / Kid Runner / Multimagic / Machineheart – Bunbury*
6-06 Rev. Horton Heat / The Decemberists / Lindsey Sterling / Genevieve / Bummers / Daniel In Stereo / Playing To Vapors – Bunbury*
6-07 Twenty-One Pilots / Atmosphere / Jessica Hernandez & the Deltas / The Front Bottoms - Bunbury*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up