News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want  (Read 30579 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: Want
« Reply #405 on: November 14, 2013, 11:43:56 AM »

I had a 38R in my "bag" this morning, and then at the last second I decided against it.  I just didn't really need a suit. 

But it was soooo cheap I'm still regretting it a bit.  That was a steal. 

You can't even get the poor man's Ludlow (J Crew Factory Thompson) for under $200 anymore.  Even just the Ludlow jackets with no pants are often over $200.

FYI: they are having a 40% sale (down 10% from this conversation) and the same stuff is on sale. So I tried to buy the suit jacket and pants (they have my sizes now, more or less). I get to checkout and it says for both items: "this item is excluded from promo"

Buncha bastards.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »

i have no particular attachment to the minnesota wild hockey team nor jimmy buffett but

poach eggs, not elephants

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2013, 08:41:57 PM »

The only car decal you'll ever need.

http://teespring.com/gulpo

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »

1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #409 on: December 07, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2013, 09:48:33 AM »

I want this so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3jVX6cU2M

that might come in handy when i apply for my neighborhood's current wizard vacancy.  or pajamas
poach eggs, not elephants

Homsar

• City Elder
  • It's personal.
smiley face

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #412 on: December 18, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »

Loving the reviews.

As a bigot, it's hard for me to find books that advocate for and advance my position. Especially books designed for little kids. Thank God for this book. Now, I can stimulate the creativity of my little children, while still installing in them important lessons. Lessons like guns are good, health care is bad (at least if it comes from a Democrat president), and America is always right. If there are any facts that don't support my positions, I would prefer to ignore them. And if I can't ignore them, then I'd like to be able to shout them down. And I want to teach my children the same lessons. Without books like this one, we are in danger of raising a new generation of open-minded and tolerant adults . . . and it will be impossible to maintain our way of thinking if this happens.

I'm looking forward to the next book in this series: "I am not a witch (but if I were, it would totally be okay to cast a spell and turn President Obama into a newt)."
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #413 on: December 18, 2013, 02:00:21 PM »

Classic

I bought this for my 2-year old thinking she'll grow to appreciate the greatness of this man through the act of coloring. Surprisingly, she was able to master his complex philosophy as easily as she mastered controlling her bowel movements (although sometimes she gets them confused). I attribute this to common neural pathways being involved in both tasks. Incidentally, we found that the book precipitated her bowel movements and turned out to be a great potty training aid.

I've stocked up on these activity books in our doomsday bunker for the end-of-days when the foreign-born* usurper Obama comes for our guns, tries to put us in FEMA concentration camps, gives us healthcare, and force-feeds us organic produce.

I also enjoyed the comment insinuating that only the white crayon would be needed for this coloring book.  Awesome.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:02:46 PM by Kwyjibo »
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #414 on: October 07, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #415 on: January 23, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]   Go Up