Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Columbus  (Read 1485 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Columbus
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »

There have been a bunch of local venue threads that it seems nearby cities could use one too. I get up to Columbus the most, so here is a little. Right now I can just do weekends, so I won't have everything noteworthy.

12-15 Jungle / Moxy Martinez – The Newport
1-10 The Reverend Horton Heat – Skully’s

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Columbus
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:21:25 PM »

FYI: I'm headed to Columbus on Friday to see TV on the Radio.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »

FYI: I'm heading to the C-Bus on Monday to see Meg Myers.

Then heading back on May 30 to catch the Stones at Ohio Stadium. Looks like it's pretty much sold out, so that's gonna be 75,000 people or so. I'd be interested in getting some tips about where to catch a "park and ride" to the stadium. Any thoughts from our resident Columbusians (I just invented that word)? looking at you Poolio...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:16:25 PM »

If it was on the weekend I'd be there with you on Meg Myers. Full length coming out soon.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:18:10 PM »

If it was on the weekend I'd be there with you on Meg Myers.
Good. I don't want to share Meg with you.  :pirate:
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

edro

• Summer Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 10:07:51 AM »

I'd be interested in getting some tips about where to catch a "park and ride" to the stadium. Any thoughts from our resident Columbusians (I just invented that word)? looking at you Poolio...

+1

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »

May 30th, eh? Shit, I've got an event at the Wexner Center that night (it's a block away for those keeping track)... Traffic will be awful. 

I'll get you transportation information as best as I can. Bus routes can be a little wonky on Saturday nights but I should be able to guide you to something.

ETA: Anyone going to They Might be Giants this weekend?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:09:24 PM by Poolio »
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »

Well, there's no park & ride for this particular Saturday. But, your best bet is to check COTA's website: http://www.cota.com/

There are a few parking garages nearby and, I am sure, there will be parking at the Schottenstein Center.

If it were me and I were coming from Cinci, I'd look into parking in one of the garages by either Nationwide Arena or in the Short North and catch Route 2 (Local N. High Street) bus up to campus and walking to the stadium.

I'd also check OSU's website for any parking/bus information for that day.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »

Very helpful, many thanks. I'm gonna plan exactly on doing that (park near Nationwide, take the bus up N. High)

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »

Definitely check the bus times. Especially for the post-concert ride. And check COTA's website, there are a couple other options to get you back to your car in case you miss the Route 2.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 09:23:00 AM »

I'm not going to be able to go to the Bo Ningen and TVOTR show tonight at the Newport, so I'm looking to shift two tickets.  Any interest? 

No?

Why not, dummies?  Bo Ningen is worth the ticket price alone and I guess TVOTR is alright.  Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv_A8FiZwU4  <--- Bo Ningen.  They're so fucking good. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:24:41 AM by foolsgold »
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 10:59:08 PM »

Sunday January 17, 2016-Eternal Summers at Ace of Cups.  I don't have to work the next day, hmm...
As an added bonus, they're from Roanoke, Virginia, a town I have a lot of affection for.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 12:36:58 AM »

While we're on the topic:

4-08 Wolf Alice - A&R Bar
4-09 X Ambassadors / Seinabo Sey / Savior Adore – The Newport

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 05:31:14 PM »

I'm taking my daughter to Columbus tomorrow to see one of her favorite bands.  The show is at the A&R Music Bar.  Does anyone have any suggestions on places to park?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »

I'm taking my daughter to Columbus tomorrow to see one of her favorite bands.  The show is at the A&R Music Bar.  Does anyone have any suggestions on places to park?
There is a lot of parking right in the area. If I remember right, across the street is a garage if you prefer that. I usually park behind the building as there is a large parking lot behind it.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up