Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Columbus  (Read 1462 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Columbus
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 08:03:15 PM »

I'm taking my daughter to Columbus tomorrow to see one of her favorite bands.  The show is at the A&R Music Bar.  Does anyone have any suggestions on places to park?
DrJohn, around the corner next to where the baseball park is, you will find on-street parking without much problem. There is also paid parking available in the parking lots there.

I saw Temples there 2 years ago. It's not the greatest place to see a show. Awkward lay-out.

Enjoy your time with your daughter!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »

I'm taking my daughter to Columbus tomorrow to see one of her favorite bands.  The show is at the A&R Music Bar.  Does anyone have any suggestions on places to park?
I'm one of those too cheap to pay for parking. Maybe a meter for a little bit. Meters are in effect til 10 o'clock and available on Long Street. There's parking on Cozzins and Hanover, but if there's a hockey or baseball game it will be packed. My favorite is Hocking. You park on dirt and have to go under the railroad tracks, but you are almost guaranteed free parking. PS: A&R is above The Basement in the top right corner.

Like everyone else said, there is a pay lot right behind the place, but where's the challenge in that?

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 11:26:07 PM »

Many thanks to you three gents for the advice. I've been to quite a few shows in Columbus over the years but this will be my first time at a PromoWest venue.  Since I'll have my daughter with me I'll probably go with one of the options close to the place that charges $.  But if I ever go to a show there without my wife and/or daughter. I'll certainly check into TayFo's Hocking Street suggestion, since paying for parking doesn't appeal to me, either.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 10:11:39 AM »

Heads up: Two Door Cinema Club - June 14 @ LC Pavilion

Special Presale Offer
THURSDAY ONLY
Available Thursday, May 5th from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Get tickets at Ticketmaster with password promowest.

Tickets only $5!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »

If that weren't a school night I'd do that...
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »

If that weren't a school night I'd do that...
X2

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 10:36:40 PM »

Sunday July 3, 2016--Pere Ubu at Ace Of Cups.  You can always count on them playing Columbus and Cleveland.  It wouldn't kill them to play Cincinnati every once in a while.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »

Sunday July 3, 2016--Pere Ubu at Ace Of Cups.  You can always count on them playing Columbus and Cleveland.  It wouldn't kill them to play Cincinnati every once in a while.

In addition to the above show, Ace Of Cups also has coming up:

July 7--Richie Ramone
July 9--4th and 4th Fest
August 4--Frankie Cosmos
September 8--Lydia Loveless
September 15--Guitar Wolf

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »

Unless the lineup has changed, Obnox is opening this show, which I think is an excellent bill. Wish I could go but will be out of town. If you go DrJ, I look forward to your full report. :)
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »

Phantogram, October 18 at the Express Live (apparently the new name of the LC Pavillion).

Pre-sale tix available now on Ticketbastard (password: promowest)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:35 PM »

2/11/2017--Webb Wilder, Natalie's
3/3/2017--Jon Langford, Hogan House Productions
4/1/2017--Mark Eitzel and Howe Gelb, Rumba Café

Probably won't be able to make it to Webb's show but the other two are real possibilities.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:12:19 PM by Drjohnrock »

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »

How is the Rumba Cafe still a going concern?  I've been there several times and I've been the only one (or one of only three or four) in attendance every time.  They don't promote their shows and it's a total dump.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »

How is the Rumba Cafe still a going concern?  I've been there several times and I've been the only one (or one of only three or four) in attendance every time.  They don't promote their shows and it's a total dump.

I don't know.  I've never been there before and I don't recall any of my Columbus friends saying anything about the place.  But Eitzel spent a lot of his formative years in Columbus, started his music career there, and has a loyal fan base in the area .  He'll draw a crowd.

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 02:55:47 PM »

i see Operators have a booking @ Ace of Clubs  4/8. how big is that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up