Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 movies in 2015  (Read 20662 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
50 movies in 2015
« on: January 01, 2015, 07:44:18 PM »

Movies seen in 2015 (new movies in bold):
1. Hot Fuzz

Aaron A Aaronson!

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Re: 50 movies in 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 07:57:26 PM »

New (to me) films in bold

1 ● Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Yeah Baby, BluRay, VERY shagadelic
2 ● Amélie
Beautiful and so very rewatchable. Audrey Tautou has such an expressive face
3 ● Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Includes that "chicken tikka" song from Yello. What??
4 ● On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Feat. AbFab's Patsy as one of Blofeld's unwitting henchgirls. And an Aussie Bond. WTF?!!
5 ● They Came Together
This parody of movie romcoms is more miss than hit. Good concept, disappointing outcome
6 ● 2001: A Space Odyssey
Stunning BR transfer. Like a lot of my recent BR experiences it's like seeing the movie for the first time all over again
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:38:57 PM by Cockney Rebel »
Opulence. I has it.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »

• Big Eyes

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:17:35 AM »

1) Boys and Girls
2) The Devil's Carnival

1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Atzend

• Fuzzywhizzletweets
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »

1.  Frequencies
2.  In a World

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »

New (to me) films in bold

1 ● Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
2 ● Amélie
3 ● Ferris Bueller's Day Off
4 ● On Her Majesty's Secret Service
5 ● They Came Together
6 ● 2001: A Space Odyssey

adding
7 ● The One I Love
Odd. Really fucking odd. I feel like there should be support groups for people who have watched this movie.
8 ● Shooter
After the previous movie I immediately needed a bit of bollocks that wouldn't make me think too hard. This fitted the bill. It was big bollocks too.
9 ● Boy
The result of what would happen if Wes Anderson grew up in rural New Zealand. Nice little indie flick.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:26:03 PM by Cockney Rebel »
Opulence. I has it.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:29 AM »

1. Tales of the night - This is how I spent the OSU game. I loved the animation and stories chosen were wonderful.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 07:17:45 AM »

1) Boys and Girls
2) The Devil's Carnival
3) Camp Takota

This wasn't anything spectacular, but it was fun. It is entirely predictable, but that is okay as movies like this aren't supposed to have a lot of twists and turns. Basically, if you are a fan of Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, and Hannah Hart (all from their various YouTube seriers) you will like this.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 07:49:26 AM »

1. The Fault in Our Stars - Amazon - 6

This movie was SO LONG.  It didn't need to be over 1:45, but it was nearly 2:15.  Seriously, there had to be some stuff in the book that one would not term "crucial".

2. Snowpiercer - Netflix - 7

Rather enjoyable B-movie action film, which you really should see if only for Tilda Swinton's appearance within.  She is insane in it, and was probably told to continue to go bigger until there was nowhere else to go.

Also, it includes the line "You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know that babies taste best."  And if that's a spoiler, well you'll figure out how to live with yourself in time.  But that's the kind of bonkers we're dealing with in this film.  Ends up being fun anyway... though I did have to turn on the closed captioning for the extended Korean conversations that aren't subtitled.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 09:10:36 AM »

3) Camp Takota

This wasn't anything spectacular, but it was fun. It is entirely predictable, but that is okay as movies like this aren't supposed to have a lot of twists and turns. Basically, if you are a fan of Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, and Hannah Hart (all from their various YouTube seriers) you will like this.
I had added this to my queue a few weeks back. Good to know that it's worth checking out (even though I've never heard of those YouTubers).
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 09:16:44 AM »

1. THE IMITATION GAME – 01/01/15 – AMC PKWY POINTE w/Amanda – Some man ruined this movie for me JUST as the war was ending. It’s all I will ever remember about the movie.
2. JENNIFER LOPEZ: DANCE AGAIN – 01/01/15 – HBO – Don’t judge me. I like flashy costumes, high-intensity dance numbers, and celebrity relationship drama.
3. WELCOME TO THE PUNCH – 01/02/15 – cable – I got sucked into recording this because it stars James McAvoy. I also love Mark Strong. To CR this review, I’d say more like “Welcome to The Suck”.
4. THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES – 01/03/15 – AMC PKWY POINTE w/The Greg – Needed more Smaug.
5. THE ONE I LOVE – 01/03/15 – Netflix – And now I’m POSITIVE that I will never go to couples therapy.
6. NIGHT SHIFT – 01/04/15 – cable – repeat viewing - That kiss between Henry Winkler and Shelley Long was the most awkward in HISTORY.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »

1. The Black Castle - I thought it would never end.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »

Movies seen in 2015 (new movies in bold):
1. Hot Fuzz
2. Jennifer's Body

The fact that I saw this film is indicative that I hadn't updated the netflix queue in a long while. It had a good heart, but it was ultimately disappointing and boring. Fun to see the dumb girl from Mean Girls, Young Neil from Scott Pilgrim, the dad from Juno, Starlord, and of course, that dumb girl from Transformers.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 11:26:31 AM »

5. THE ONE I LOVE – 01/03/15 – Netflix – And now I’m POSITIVE that I will never go to couples therapy.
I should note that I loved this movie. It was truly original and weird and it made me uncomfortable and it kept taking all of these twists. It was not the experience that I was expecting. It felt like it could have been a TWILIGHT ZONE episode for sure.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 12:31:13 PM »

I should note that I loved this movie. It was truly original and weird and it made me uncomfortable and it kept taking all of these twists. It was not the experience that I was expecting. It felt like it could have been a TWILIGHT ZONE episode for sure.

If only there was some kind of... I don't know... points system or something that would indicate how one felt about such a film.

Oh well.

I had the "twist" ruined for me (ok, I ruined it for myself by reading a review, but still...) before seeing this one and still greatly enjoyed it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36   Go Up