Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 Concerts for 2015  (Read 5771 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Re: 25 Concerts for 2015
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2015, 10:23:33 AM »

7) 8/26/15 - Seven Seconds - Southgate House

If someone had told me back in the day that 7 Seconds would still be around in 2015, I would have been too busy laughing to reply.  Old hardcore punk rockers never die, they just keep touring.  How were they?
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2015, 12:28:57 PM »

They were really good. They were a band I never got to see back in the day so it was good to finally get to see them. They know their place and played a bunch of old stuff with some of their new CD mixed in. They played for probably 75 minutes, which for a punk band is a good bit of time. The closed with Satyagraha from Soulforce Revolution which surprised me since most people look down on that part of their career.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2015, 11:13:30 PM »

9-11 The Damned / Twin Rivers – Bogart’s

The Damned--one of the greatest bands of all time.  I was slightly tempted to break my Bogart's boycott for this one.  I've seen them three times before, though.  How were they? 

I will go back to Bogart's for an XTC reunion but only if the lineup is:

Andy Partridge
Colin Moulding
Terry Chambers
Dave Gregory and/or Barry Andrews

They can have back up musicians but I will accept no substitutions for the core group members.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2015, 11:41:14 PM »

They were really good. Sensible was a showhog. Oxymoron was a goofball. Dave belted it out. All was good. The beginning was rough on their monitors because they didn't sound check, but out front everything sounded great.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:44 PM »

DrJohn,, not to start another flame war, but Bogarts is not what it used to be. Nor is Short Vine. You can go to dinner at Taste of Belgium (just a block away) before the show, and imbibe a few good Belgian beers before the show. If you get my drift :-))
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2015, 09:48:53 PM »

They were really good. Sensible was a showhog. Oxymoron was a goofball. Dave belted it out. All was good. The beginning was rough on their monitors because they didn't sound check, but out front everything sounded great.

Some things never change, and thank God for that.  Did Sensible do his usual denunciation of Budweiser and striptease?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:02:12 PM by Drjohnrock »

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2015, 09:52:04 PM »

DrJohn,, not to start another flame war, but Bogarts is not what it used to be. Nor is Short Vine. You can go to dinner at Taste of Belgium (just a block away) before the show, and imbibe a few good Belgian beers before the show. If you get my drift :-))

I like the Taste of Belgium in OTR.  But I can't drink myself into going to Bogart's, and one needs to have one's wits about him in that area whether going to Bogart's or not.  But steady on, euro--I'll see you there at the XTC show :)

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2015, 11:53:33 PM »

wait, what? XTC is coming to Bogart's? When is that happening?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »

Uh, I was kidding.  Very slim chance indeed of that band ever reuniting.  Unless they really needed the money...

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2015, 10:48:57 AM »

Darn it! You got my hopes up!

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2015, 12:31:39 PM »

wait, what? XTC is coming to Bogart's? When is that happening?
hook. line. sinker.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »

9-11 The Damned / Twin Rivers – Bogart’s

The Damned--one of the greatest bands of all time.  I was slightly tempted to break my Bogart's boycott for this one.  I've seen them three times before, though.  How were they? 

I will go back to Bogart's for an XTC reunion but only if the lineup is:

Andy Partridge
Colin Moulding
Terry Chambers
Dave Gregory and/or Barry Andrews

They can have back up musicians but I will accept no substitutions for the core group members.
c'mon, you would go to Bogarts if Backyard Tire Fire was playing!!!  ;D
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:02 PM »

Yes I would, on one condition:  they off themselves at the end of their set like G G Allin once threatened to do to himself.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »

I would pay to see that!!

I'm still debating seeing Chuck Prophet tomorrow night at SGHR, the kid has a football game that will end between 7:30 and 8. Show starts at 8:30...........
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2015, 10:19:33 AM »

Check to see if there's an opening act.  If there is, that might give you time to get there.  I probably won't be able to make it--it's been a very hectic week and I have a busy Thursday morning at work.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up