Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kraftwerk tour dates  (Read 521 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Kraftwerk tour dates
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »

As some of you know, I am a life-long fan(atic) of Kraftwerk, and one of my biggest concert moments ever was seeing them for the first time, at Coachella (08 I think?). Anyway, imagine my shock when I saw the below article in the NY Times the other day (been meaning to post it, but then kept forgetting about it):

MoMA Plans Kraftwerk Retrospective

February 15, 2012, 1:12 pm

By JAMES C. MCKINLEY JR.

Kraftwerk will give a series of eight performances, each devoted to one of its albums, as part of a Museum of Modern Art retrospective of the electronic music pioneers in April, museum officials said. The performances during “Kraftwerk-Retrospective 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8,” on consecutive evenings starting April 10, will not only feature tracks from one of Kraftwerk’s albums, but also other original compositions intended to showcase the group’s influence on contemporary culture. Projected images, including 3-D ones, will accompany the music. The albums will be performed in chronological order, one each night, starting with “Autobahn” from 1974 and working up through “Tour de France” from 2003.

Kraftwerk was formed by two music students, Ralf Hütter and Florian Schneider, in 1970, and its robotic, repetitive, all-electronic music influenced virtually every synthesizer band that followed. By the mid-1970s, the group had invented a new electronic music, integrating mechanized sounds from life. Its compositions weave beautiful melodies with multilingual vocals and robotic rhythms. The concerts will take place in the Donald B. and Catherine C. Marron Atrium; tickets are $25 and will go on sale at noon on Feb. 22.  

I don't know if I can go to any of these, but man, oh man, would I loooooooove to go to all 8 of them!!!!

more infor from the MoMA website:

Kraftwerk – Retrospective 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Performance Schedule

Tuesday, April 10, 8:30 p.m.
1 – Autobahn (1974)
Wednesday, April 11, 8:30 p.m.
2 – Radio-Activity (1975)
Thursday, April 12, 8:30 p.m.
3 – Trans Europe Express (1977)
Friday, April 13, 10:00 p.m.
4 – The Man-Machine (1978)
Saturday April 14, 8:30 p.m.
5 – Computer World (1981)
Sunday, April 15, 8:30 p.m.
6 – Techno Pop (1986)
Monday, April 16, 8:30 p.m.
7 – The Mix (1991)
Tuesday, April 17, 10:00 p.m.
8 – Tour de France (2003)

Tickets are $25.00 and will go on sale to the public on Wednesday, February 22, at 12:00 p.m., only at MoMAKraftwerkTickets.showclix.com. (You must paste the URL into your browser.) This is a public program and tickets are limited; there is no presale window or discount for MoMA members. There is a two-ticket limit per person for the entire series. Tickets will be distributed exclusively via will call, and photo ID is required. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the performance.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:05:51 PM by euro60 »
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Kraftwerk tour dates
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »

So tickets went on sale at 12 pm today. I was on the website at 12 sharp, already logged in and ready to go (I was trying for 2 tickets for show #5 Computer World). Alas, despite numerous attempts, it was impossible to get through. I can only imagine there was massive interest in seeing this in such a small venue at such a ridiculously low price.

This really sucks. I was really, really hoping to go.  >:( :( :ninja:
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »

People are absolutely livid over the MoMA ticketing disaster. Here just one of many, many comments I found on the internets

After waiting in queue for over 90 mins, finally got a notice that all shows are sold out. TOTAL EFFING BS!!!!!!!!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »

Kraftwerk brings back its 3D shows this Fall. I really want to get to one of these shows. Maybe Detroit (closest place to Cincy)?

Sept. 16 – Edmonton, Alberta, Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
 Sept. 17 – Calgary, Alberta, Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
 Sept. 19 – Portland, Ore., Keller Auditorium
 Sept. 23 – Denver, Colo., Ellie Caulkins Opera House
 Sept. 25 – Austin, Texas, Bass Concert Hall
 Sept. 27 – Nashville, Tenn.,  Ryman Auditorium
 Sept. 29 – Miami, Fla., Olympia Theater At Gusman Center
 Oct. 2 – Philadelphia, Pa., Electric Factory
 Oct. 3 – Boston, Mass., Wang Theatre - Citi Performing Arts Center
 Oct. 5 – Detroit, Mich., Masonic Temple Theatre
 Oct. 7 – Minneapolis, Minn., Northrop Auditorium
 Oct. 9 – Kansas City, Mo., Arvest Bank Theatre At The Midland

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

or Nashville. Sunday vs Monday.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »

The Ryman would be an interesting place to see a show, with all the of the history associated with the building.   The venue in Detroit might be good as well but if I were to go (I won't, as I'm not much into Kraftwerk) and all else was equal, I would choose the Nashville show.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »

I'd love to see a show at the Ryman (which I've never gone to), but as it happens I have a very good friend in Detroit and I'm 99% sure that where I'll end up. Detroit's Masonic Temple must be a sight to behold (it's the largest in the world, apparently). The main theater seats 4,400. That's Radio City Hall-sized!

Plus Detroit is 10 mi. closer to Cincy than Nashville. That makes all the difference in the world   ;D

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »

Then I guess you asked a silly question Mr. "I want my 2 1/2 minutes back". :P

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 11:44:31 PM »

Tix bought for the Detroit show.

Taylor, I'll make up your 2 1/2 min. lost on this at Bunbury. One beer on me  ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up