Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to Madison Theater/Madison Live  (Read 2075 times)

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
Coming to Madison Theater/Madison Live
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:13:49 PM »

Spoon is coming to Madison Theater on June 13, 2015.  This is one of the few shows the Madison has booked this year that holds any interest for me and it's actually on a Saturday.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Coming to Madison Theater/Madison Live
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 09:32:29 PM »

I'm glad you mentioned the new Madison Live. Although I dislike Madison Theater for it's layout, the staff have always been great so I have high hopes for Madison Live. Night Riots play on 3/06. They were suppose to be at Bunbury last year and dropped out for some reason. Also at Bunbury last year was X Ambassadors who play 3/11. I would go see them but A) Cloud Nothings are playing Woodward the same night and B) they are opening for Lights in both Indy and Columbus. Another is Monophonics 4/12. I saw them at MOTR and they were a lot of fun.

Has anybody been to Madison Live yet?

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:34 AM »

Pardon the ignorance, but what is Madison Live? A smaller version of the Madison Theater, like the Taft Ballroom vs. Taft Theater?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »

Pretty much, Euro. It's more or less next door. I haven't been there yet so I can't be all that descriptive.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:33:07 AM »

Spoon is coming to Madison Theater on June 13, 2015.  This is one of the few shows the Madison has booked this year that holds any interest for me and it's actually on a Saturday.
I would be all over this and still may go but based on my experience with seeing Sturgill Simpson there a couple of weeks ago I will have to think about it. The place gets way too packed based on the over-selling you warned me about.
I will be seeing Spoon at Red Rocks in May. We are taking a family trip out that way and already have tix for the Decemberists/Spoon show. Should be fun!
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »

"Madison Live has been under construction for the better part of three years and is finally ready to open its doors to the public! It is a welcome addition to our music community, as it will help attract a whole new group of artists that are too big for places like MOTR and Northside Tavern, but too small for The Southgate House Revival, The Woodward Theater, or Taft Theatre Ballroom. In addition to a 350 cap area for these smaller artists, the venue features an outdoor stage in a patio area that holds about 240 people."

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 04:03:52 PM »

Well I went to see Night Riots last night and Madison Live is nowhere close to opening it's doors. It's in the building just south of Madison Theater and looks like a shotgun shack unless it's hiding more room. The show was actually at Madison Theater which wasn't bad since it wasn't overcrowded. They got a couple of months to go to open Live

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:05:08 AM »

I was sorta planning on going to Night Riots but dinner with some friends ran way much longer than I had expected (good food, good drink, good company), and by the time we were walking out of Taste of Belgium, it was already 10:30 pm...
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:15 AM »

So I saw The Monophonics last night and Madison Live is now live. It is a shotgun shack made of concrete block and brick, but the sound is still pretty warm. The bar is minimal and cash only, but that should develop over time. There were about 75 people there last night and it felt well attended. If they expect to get 350 people in there, they're going to need a crowbar. I really hope they don't crowd people in like Madison Theater. Coming soon is an upstairs outside stage which sounds pretty cool.

4-22 The Delta Saints
6-24 Mates of State

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »

Emily Kinney is playing at Live on Wednesday. She's also know as Beth on The Walking Dead.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »

September 15, 2015 at Madison Live:  Babes In Toyland.  A weeknight, so I probably won't be able to make it.  However, more tour dates will be added, so a Friday or Saturday gig in a nearby city might be possible.
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 10:36:06 PM »

September 15, 2015 at Madison Live:  Babes In Toyland.  A weeknight, so I probably won't be able to make it.  However, more tour dates will be added, so a Friday or Saturday gig in a nearby city might be possible.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »

September 21, 2015 in the Theater:  Father John Misty.  Even though it's on a Monday, I'm going to try to make this one.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 01:20:44 PM »

September 21, 2015 in the Theater:  Father John Misty.  Even though it's on a Monday, I'm going to try to make this one.

I'm going.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

kamera26

• Summer Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 09:14:13 AM »

I'm in for FJM too. Seeing him in a small venue will be perfect.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up