Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to Madison Theater/Madison Live  (Read 2051 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Coming to Madison Theater/Madison Live
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »

So they've made a change that has helped a little bit. Rather than the aisles continuing up the middle, they have moved the steps to the sides all the way to the walls. At the past couple of sold out shows, it feels like there are about 50 people less. It's still elbow to elbow and people lined up behind the soundboard, but it's a little bit better. That noted, I hope Local Natives tomorrow is not sold out. They put on a great show.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »

That sounds like a major make-over/reconstruction project. When did all that happen?

Not like I'm planning to go back anytime soon, by the way.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »

That sounds like a major make-over/reconstruction project. When did all that happen?
Over the winter maybe. At big shows, I usually don't make it past the soundboard.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »

Calling all hippies!

8/12/2017:  Summer of Love 50th Anniversary Reunion:  The Lemon Pipers/Balderdash/Haymarket Riot/Backbeat/Rob Fetters

I saw a Lemon Pipers reunion at Eden Park in 1995.  Their lead singer, Ivan Browne, wasn't there and they did all covers, the final song being The Stray Cats' Rock This Town, which didn't come out until 10 years after The Lemon Pipers disbanded.  They must have learned their lesson because a separate website dedicated to the event says "including Ivan".  This one is on my "maybe" list.  I've never seen Balderdash or Haymarket Riot.  Not sure how Backbeat fits into this concept...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 10:40:48 PM by Drjohnrock »
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

pourmesometea

• Summer Resident
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2017, 06:37:28 PM »

how was the crowd for the pixies? i have been there for jbm shows, they tend not to oversell the place. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up