Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd rippage  (Read 1328 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
cd rippage
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »

not even sure if this is a linux issue, but anyways.  my computer's an asus something, most of it's covered in stickers if there was more information to give.  i run linux mint.  i'm trying to rip my cd's and maybe half will be a success.  i've noticed that whatever program i use won't work.  maybe a file package is missing or something?  i dunno.  google hasn't helped me.  i'll forever be a linux novice, but i can decipher enough to get me where i need be.... if pointed in the right direction
poach eggs, not elephants

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: cd rippage
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:52:26 PM »

Is Audacity Linux compatible?  If so I'd use that, I don't know of anything audio-wise that it doesn't do well enough for most people.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 03:58:05 PM »

Maybe you're trying to rip at a speed too high for your optical drive? I haven't ripped a CD in nearly a decade, can't remember if that's even possible, but maybe. Winamp always used to get the job done for me.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »

it doesn't matter the program, but perhaps lutz is onto something.  if i could figure that out
poach eggs, not elephants

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 02:21:27 PM »

I know you could definitely mess things up by trying to write to a disc faster than your drive/disc could support, but can't remember if the same applied to ripping. Failing that, maybe it could be an issue of insufficient memory, but I kind of doubt that in this day and age. Failing that, I would probably just try different software. Also check the CDs don't have any DRM (that was a thing, right? Music DRM?)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »

Yeah, it was a thing for a minute and a half.

I agree with Lutz's assessment, although I haven't ever used Linux so it might be related to that, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up